The tea smells slightly peppery with hints of cocoa. I can’t say I taste or smell the fruity nuances as other reviewers and Upton Tea’s description implies. Call me crazy, however, because I do pick up a faint taste of caramel. It is very smooth and has a light touch of astringency. It is rather light bodied, though, and really fails to blow me away. It’s enjoyable, but I most likely won’t be ordering this one again.

I’m currently attending college. I’m just about done with my undergraduate study in art history. In my free time I love playing piano (Chopin!) and composing music. I also enjoy writing poetry. Really, I just love the Romantic period in art (with the exception of the visual arts- go figure) and continually draw my inspiration from that era.

I’m very interested in nutrition and using herbs to heal. Herbs also taste great, so that’s just another bonus! Before I got into tea, I got into herbs first. I think I’m pretty weird in this regard. I can’t imagine many people would find drinking a decoction made from tree bark to be very tasty… and yet I do. Purely for taste, I love peppermint and ginger more than any other herb. I could, and do, drink those almost daily. I also love rooibos and honeybush.

I have a penchant for Indian & Chinese black teas and Japanese greens, but I’ll try anything once. I’m trying to get into other types of tea as well. I prefer to drink my teas plain, but I’ll very seldom add honey to some herbs (ginger).

United States, Ohio