I’m trying to enjoy this tea while being sick >.< I’m probably the one of the few people that can get sick in summer! Oh, well. This seems like a pretty basic Assam. Well balanced with moderate astringency that builds up the more sips you have. A tad bit malty, but not overly so. There’s nothing that’s a huge wow factor here, but sometimes a simple tea like this is the best tea to drink while you’re sick. Enjoying the next cup with a little bit of honey, hoping it will coat my throat nicely.

I’m currently attending college. I’m just about done with my undergraduate study in art history. In my free time I love playing piano (Chopin!) and composing music. I also enjoy writing poetry. Really, I just love the Romantic period in art (with the exception of the visual arts- go figure) and continually draw my inspiration from that era.

I’m very interested in nutrition and using herbs to heal. Herbs also taste great, so that’s just another bonus! Before I got into tea, I got into herbs first. I think I’m pretty weird in this regard. I can’t imagine many people would find drinking a decoction made from tree bark to be very tasty… and yet I do. Purely for taste, I love peppermint and ginger more than any other herb. I could, and do, drink those almost daily. I also love rooibos and honeybush.

I have a penchant for Indian & Chinese black teas and Japanese greens, but I’ll try anything once. I’m trying to get into other types of tea as well. I prefer to drink my teas plain, but I’ll very seldom add honey to some herbs (ginger).

United States, Ohio