drank Valentines by Adagio Teas

I’m cutting my rating for this tea considerably. I truly have to wonder what possessed me to order 3 oz. of this in the first place. I reminder it being better (I’m sure a couple months diminished some flavor, but still…). This time I brewed two cups (trying desperately to use it up) with some whole milk. It tastes better with milk than plain, but that’s what bothers me. I’m sitting here thinking I should also add some honey. Again, that’s a problem for me. I don’t want to drink a tea that I have to add extra things to. A good tea, in my opinion, just requires water and a cup. It’s a weak tasting black tea surrounded by faint hints of chocolate and strawberries… nothing special and makes me wonder what I’m doing with the 55 g I still have left (yes, I actually weighed the tea to see how much of it I would have to suffer through).

I’m currently attending college. I’m just about done with my undergraduate study in art history. In my free time I love playing piano (Chopin!) and composing music. I also enjoy writing poetry. Really, I just love the Romantic period in art (with the exception of the visual arts- go figure) and continually draw my inspiration from that era.

I’m very interested in nutrition and using herbs to heal. Herbs also taste great, so that’s just another bonus! Before I got into tea, I got into herbs first. I think I’m pretty weird in this regard. I can’t imagine many people would find drinking a decoction made from tree bark to be very tasty… and yet I do. Purely for taste, I love peppermint and ginger more than any other herb. I could, and do, drink those almost daily. I also love rooibos and honeybush.

I have a penchant for Indian & Chinese black teas and Japanese greens, but I’ll try anything once. I’m trying to get into other types of tea as well. I prefer to drink my teas plain, but I’ll very seldom add honey to some herbs (ginger).

United States, Ohio