The first rooibos sample I’m trying from the myriad of rooibos/honeybush samples I purchased from Adagio. I actually had a taste for apples, so I thought this tea would be perfect. When I opened the pouch I was hit with what reminded me of scented candles or potpourri. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a bit different to say the least.

The tea actually tastes very sweet. I’m wondering why this is, but maybe it’s the apple? I think I did see apple pieces in it or something, but I doubt that really contributes to the flavor. I’m not getting blasted by cinnamon like other reviewers are, but maybe it builds up on your tongue over time.

Okay, I had to go back and edit this note. The tea was just too sweet and became overly artificial tasting as I kept drinking. I guess my boyfriend was right when he said it truly tasted like drinking a candle >.<

Indigobloom

apple teas are so hard to get right. well, pretty much any fruit tea is…

Brittany

Yeah, and it’s such a shame. I thought Adagio was actually pretty good with their rooibos blends… and I really wanted to find a good apple tea! :(

me to, but I’ve given up. *sighs

Comments

Indigobloom

apple teas are so hard to get right. well, pretty much any fruit tea is…

Brittany

me to, but I’ve given up. *sighs

I’m currently attending college. I’m just about done with my undergraduate study in art history. In my free time I love playing piano (Chopin!) and composing music. I also enjoy writing poetry. Really, I just love the Romantic period in art (with the exception of the visual arts- go figure) and continually draw my inspiration from that era.

I’m very interested in nutrition and using herbs to heal. Herbs also taste great, so that’s just another bonus! Before I got into tea, I got into herbs first. I think I’m pretty weird in this regard. I can’t imagine many people would find drinking a decoction made from tree bark to be very tasty… and yet I do. Purely for taste, I love peppermint and ginger more than any other herb. I could, and do, drink those almost daily. I also love rooibos and honeybush.

I have a penchant for Indian & Chinese black teas and Japanese greens, but I’ll try anything once. I’m trying to get into other types of tea as well. I prefer to drink my teas plain, but I’ll very seldom add honey to some herbs (ginger).

United States, Ohio