drank Huo Shan Huang Ya by TeaSpring

I feel slightly bad about stealing a lot of this tea from my boyfriend! Normally we don’t drink the same tea (he’s into Chinese greens), but I’ll try at least a cup for curiosity. Well, this one caught me by surprise.

This is the second yellow tea I’ve tried, so I can’t accurately make associations with other teas. It’s very nutty- a quality which I really, really love. It also has a corn-like taste to it. It almost reminds me of eating corn slathered with some butter (which I never add to corn interestingly enough). Otherwise, it’s pretty light and delicate, which I would expect from a Chinese tea, but it’s unique enough to hold my attention and warrant further exploration into Chinese territory. So far this tea beats all the Chinese greens I’ve had, though!

I’m currently attending college. I’m just about done with my undergraduate study in art history. In my free time I love playing piano (Chopin!) and composing music. I also enjoy writing poetry. Really, I just love the Romantic period in art (with the exception of the visual arts- go figure) and continually draw my inspiration from that era.

I’m very interested in nutrition and using herbs to heal. Herbs also taste great, so that’s just another bonus! Before I got into tea, I got into herbs first. I think I’m pretty weird in this regard. I can’t imagine many people would find drinking a decoction made from tree bark to be very tasty… and yet I do. Purely for taste, I love peppermint and ginger more than any other herb. I could, and do, drink those almost daily. I also love rooibos and honeybush.

I have a penchant for Indian & Chinese black teas and Japanese greens, but I’ll try anything once. I’m trying to get into other types of tea as well. I prefer to drink my teas plain, but I’ll very seldom add honey to some herbs (ginger).

United States, Ohio