drank Twiggy by Tay Tea

I got an awesome Tay Tea sampler full of morning teas from my mother’s friend for Christmas. I absolutely loved every single one of them (especially the Kyoto) and I just had to review them! Although I had never heard of this company before, it is fast becoming one of my new faves.

Dry: Nice, full, beautifully curled leaves. The flowers make it aesthetically pretty.

Liquor:
1st Steep: Gold
2nd Steep: Gold-Yellow
3rd Steep: Yellow

Flavor: Smoky, full-bodied, smooth

Notes: This tea is absolutely wonderful! It has that wonderful smoky flavor that you is usually expected with most Oolongs, but what it was missing was what truly made this a new fave. I’ve found it hard to find Oolongs that aren’t bitter and have sharp aftertastes, but this one was VERY smooth (I think maybe because of the chrysanthemum flowers). The 2nd and 3rd steeping were a little weaker but heavy enough to still be delicious. The roasted taste made this tea a wonderful tea to start a cold winter morning. Overall, I would definitely recommend everyone give this one a try.

I’ve always liked tea, but when my roommate introduced me to loose leaf teas I went crazy and now I’ve found my self OBSESSED with tea.

Northern Virginia