This one came to me from Cteresa. I like lychee as a fruit. They’re nommy, but alas, I don’t get them very often as they are a rare guest around here, and they’re expensive when they are here. But sometimes you luck out and can get a few hundred grams for a reasonable amount of money.

Consequently, lychee flavoured tea is something that appeals to me.

This one is bagged and I suddenly realise what people mean when they can taste paper. There’s a distinct paper-y note to this, but it’s not so bad that I can’t ignore it. It’s also closely up against the lychee flavour, so maybe it’s just a lychee aspect? The fruits have never tasted like paper to me, but a fruit and a fruit flavouring are not always exactly the same.

I find this does taste very lychee-y. It even has that slight astringency to it that the lychee fruits have, and this is significant because the base is a Chinese black and Chinese blacks are only very seldomly astringent.

This one is flavoured with lychee blossoms rather than actual fruit and it does have a flowery sort of note, but it’s not overwhelming.

I keep saying I don’t care for flower scented teas and then I come across one which is nice… When it’s fruit flowers, I just seem to get along with them better.

I’m going to continue to explore lychee flavoureds, I believe, I in fact ordered one just yesterday. (Yeah. Oops. Twice.)

cteresa

I love lychee flavoured black tea. Almost any kind (or maybe just been lucky I have not yet found a bad one).

Oh, paper note, I had not spotted that, but you might be right. Dunno, maybe it´s the lychees, maybe the envelope got to check. I also got their rose tea so I can compare those. I like these foil envelopes because I do think tea remains fresher within and second because they are my emergency thing, I usually have one of two packs in my handbag for emergencies (so I am never forced to drink Lipton).

And LOL about two new lychee teas, do review them for me please.

Angrboda

Well, one lychee tea, but two orders. I did actually attempt to get that raspberry and vanilla rooibos that you shared with me, but yumchaa’s site was acting up. Another time then. :( I went for Les Palais des Thes and Teavivre instead.

cteresa

Ah, good choices. I love lychee tea – it´s apparently one of the traditionally flavoured teas in china, and gosh there is such good reason for it. ( I think when it cames to tea of any kind, I tend to gravitate to loving best chinese tea)

About yumchaa, if you still mean to try yumchaa.com not yumchaa.co.uk, apparently they have some sort of problem at the .co.uk site which is OK in the mirror.

Angrboda

When I get around to it, I’ll shoot them a message about what happened. That day, though, I just couldn’t be bothered with that sort of thing. I didn’t know there were two sites. I assume shipping-wise it’ll be the same deal?

cteresa

yes, just the same, all in pounds, just some sort of tech problem which they can not solve on the .co.uk site but is fixed on the .com site. I am waiting to get some tea from theirs as well – all old favorites apart from a new one.

they are very nice at answering emails, you can even order straight by email, which was what i had been doing before. i think it is [email protected], though better check on site.

Comments

cteresa

And LOL about two new lychee teas, do review them for me please.

The Formalities