drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

Having the last of this excellent tea this morning while listening to Whitney Houston.

Yeah. It seems an appropriate combination.

(funny thing is, I was never really a fan of hers. I have a handful of songs which I like, but that’s it. And I still have this urge to listen to her now. I had a BIG Michael Jackson phase at around age 14-15, but when he passed on, I didn’t get this same urge to listen to him.)

LiberTEAS

I wasn’t a fan of either one of them. But when Ronnie James Dio died … that hit me hard!

Angrboda

I didn’t know him. When Freddie Mercury died, though, I cried for hours.

Kittenna

Sad news, even though I’m not a big fan. The most significant celebrity death to me was Heath Ledger, and even then there were no tears shed, just sadness and disappointment.

Cheryl

Bodyguard is on my Top 10 favorite movies list, and am a Whitney fan, but everyone saw this coming. Sad indeed, especially for her daughter (they seemed close). Huge Queen fan too, and while am more a fan of Brian May, Queen could not go on without Freddie. Tears came when hearing of Luther’s death, and of Leroi Moore (sax player for Dave Matthews). Still remember hearing my Mom wail when hearing of Elvis’s death.

smartkitty

I had a similar reaction when Amy Winehouse died, and I honestly never really paid much attention to her other than like…two of her songs. It’s probably the tragedy of the situation. (Life and career shaken by drugs, sad ending, etcetera)

Angrboda

Krystaleyn, I wasn’t too bothered with Heath Ledger. I didn’t know who he was before then, but I’m not much of a film person.

Cheryl, I remember going to see the Bodyguard with five or six other girls from my class when it came out. First film I ever saw in a cinema without my parents, I think, except an animated one I saw with my best friend and her dad, but since her dad was along, it doesn’t really count. :)

As for Queen, I quite agree. I haven’t paid any attention to this thing Brian May and Roger Taylor have had going on with uh… that other singer, because it’s just not the same. I preferred Brian May too, though. I was so fascinated by his hair! :)

Smartkitty, my boss still scolds Amy Winehouse everytime she’s played on the radio. “Why couldn’t you just behave yourself?!”

TeaBrat

I was a bit shocked about Whitney too – but not a huge fan of her music either

Comments

LiberTEAS

Angrboda

I didn’t know him. When Freddie Mercury died, though, I cried for hours.

Kittenna