drank Chinese Sencha by thepuriTea

Due to yesterday’s notices page glitch, there are now 27 notices I can’t get to because the page hangs when I try to load beyond a certain point. First it was four, then it was eight and now 27. Depending on where the glitchy one is, I suspect it should be possible to get to some of them, but knowing my luck, the glitchy one is probably the youngest of them.

This sample came to me from Infusin_Susan and I had completely forgotten about it. I had to actually look it up just to figure out where it came from. I’ve decided to semi-gong fu it, as lately it has appeared to me as though I generally just find green tea much more pleasant when taken that way, whereas western style often gets to be rather too much and with a sour annoying aftertaste. The funny thing is that when it comes to oolongs, at least of the darker and/or roasted sorts, I’m completely opposite and the western style of brewing suits me better.

This one, I have started at 30 seconds, and the aroma is sort of leafy and herb-y. There is a touch of earthiness in it, kind of like the difference between smelling a fresh herb in a pot versus its dried equivalent.

Then I forgot about it for a while and it cooled off considerably. That earthy herb-y note is now grassy and the tea itself is lukewarm. It does still have flavour, though. It’s smooth and soft and bright yellow. There is a slight butter-y feeling to it, but not, I think, very much. Most of the flavour is more or less grass-y and perhaps ever so slightly salty. It’s fairly straight forwards, even though it’s the sort of flavour that has me searching for notes of apples that I just can’t find. I think that’s because of the flavoured green from the other day, which I believe was based on a Chinese Sencha, so now I have developed expectations.

Second time I also used 30 seconds and now it tasted a lot greener and less butter-y. This steep was much closer to the leafy greens and fresh herbs, but apart from that adjustment, it was pretty much the same as the first. Just more intensely so.

I was going to do a lot more of this sample, but at this point, I’m just really wanting something black and warming, because I’m knackered and freezing. I think for a conclusion on this one, it came across as more or less Default Green Tea. That’s not particularly interesting, but I can’t claim that it’s a bad thing either.

CHAroma

Sorry about the glitchy notices. That’s happened to me before too. Hey, when did you change your picture? I miss Sleipnir! ;)

ScottTeaMan

CHAroma, I can never see your pic-it’s always blank.

CHAroma

Hmm, weird. Well, you’re not missing much, hahaha! It’s just a logo I made of my initials.

Maybe that’s why?…………………

LadyLondonderry

My Notices number never goes below 17. It’s been stuck there for months.

Angrboda

CHAroma, I changed it some weeks ago. I liked Sleipner too, but the picture was taken from the logo of a Swedish museum and then modified to my needs. That always bothered me. This one is a detail on a replica of a viking stave church at our local museum and the boyfriend took the picture for me.
Incidentally, yours show up fine for me.

LadyLondonderry, I’ve managed to get mine down a bit to I think around 13 now. I got the first four around New Years, but the site just starts hanging past a certain point. I wish they would fix it, because I’ve had that glitch three times just this year. It’s getting old.

CHAroma

Well, the new pic is still very cool! Just going to take some getting used to. ;)

Angrboda

At first, at Steepster, I had an icon with a cat paw on it and I had that one for a long time as well before I got Sleipnir. When I changed to Sleipnir, Steepster-Jason (jokingly) accused me of trying to confuse everybody on purpose. :p

LadyLondonderry

I like your new icon! I remember the cat paw too, as well as Sleipnir. :-)

LadyLondonderry

It’s a miracle! As of tonight, I have NO new Notices instead of the usual 17! We’ll see if my luck holds out, or if I get a new crop of Notices tomorrow.

Angrboda

I’m down to eight unavailable ones. I had thirteen before.

Indigobloom

I was at 65 notices and am not at 45. I feel a bit refreshed! :P

Angrboda

I routinely click through as far as I can before it starts hanging. Once in a while I’m lucky and catch a few more that way. It depends on which line is the glitchy one, I think. I hadn’t done that when it went from 13 back to 8 again, though.

CHAroma

Hey! The icon is back to Sleipnir!

Angrboda

If it is, it’s a cache issue. I haven’t changed it. Try a hard refresh or clearing your browser cache.

CHAroma

Hmm, weird. LOL! Sorry to flood your tasting note with non-tea related comments.

Comments

CHAroma

ScottTeaMan

CHAroma, I can never see your pic-it’s always blank.

Maybe that’s why?…………………

LadyLondonderry

My Notices number never goes below 17. It’s been stuck there for months.

Angrboda

Incidentally, yours show up fine for me.

LadyLondonderry

I like your new icon! I remember the cat paw too, as well as Sleipnir. :-)

Angrboda

I’m down to eight unavailable ones. I had thirteen before.

Indigobloom

I was at 65 notices and am not at 45. I feel a bit refreshed! :P

CHAroma

Hey! The icon is back to Sleipnir!

The Formalities