drank White Peony by Adagio Teas

Okay, so the Sawadee stemed Darj was a fiasco, but there are other fishies in the sea. Here is one that came to me from Infusin_Susan and the amount of leaf was just right for a small non-sharing cup, although not for many short steeps, I don’t think.

This type has also been touch and go for me in the past. Either it’s tasted very floral and sort of cucumber/courgette-y or it has been slightly astringent with a strong note of nuts. I very much prefer the latter, really.

The aroma of this one is very much in the cucumber department with a few floral hints around it. At first sip, it’s very sweet, but then that cucumber-y notes start creeping up along the sides of the tongue and after just a few sips, I’ve got a strong aftertaste going on, reminding me a bit of the flavour you get if you take a sip of water just after having woken up. For some reason that just always taste a bit weird. The more I think about this one, the more I feel it has a metallic sort of tinge to it. Perhaps there is a smidge of nuts at the very, very top of the flavour, but not very much. Certainly not nearly enough to fit my idea of what I want it to taste like.

But on a positive side, it’s a decupboarding. We are drinking down the stash!

Now for the handful of other BMD samples I’ve got… I’ll finish this one off first though. It may not be anything particularly great, but it’s drinkable, which is more than I could say of the Sawadee.

OH! And I forgot to mention that yesterday’s expedition for bridal equipment was a success, and if anybody is interested in seeing a picture of the dress I chose, may add me on Livejournal or Dreamwidth (ask me for username) if they have an account there, and I’ll show you. Can’t do it here, because the boyfriend creature sometimes looks, and as far as he’s concerned, it’s a state secret. :D

Cheryl

You will be beautiful !!! When is the wedding?

july 7th

Cheryl

May it be the beginning of a great life together. Stay sane in the meantime : )

Suzi

I haven’t been on LJ in ages (thanks to my own wedding + school) but I’ll hop over there now because I’m so curious about your dress :D

Kittenna

So exciting! I have a long-untouched LJ filled with sad, mopey posts from my high school era, but I may have to relocate it, delete a few things, and snoop to see your dress!!

If you use a different name there don’t forget to let me know who you are

WIll do! It’s definitely under a different name…. hahahahaha :D

Kittenna

(Ok, I was getting a bit depressed going through my posts from 5+ years ago, so I just created a new account and added you. Same name as here. :D)

Comments

Cheryl

You will be beautiful !!! When is the wedding?

july 7th

Cheryl

May it be the beginning of a great life together. Stay sane in the meantime : )

Suzi