drank Ginseng Guardian by Yumchaa

I’m feeling a bit under the wheather today, so I was considering making me some comfort tea. My initial tea-want was the lovely toffee flavoured one from LPdT, but then I remembered Cteresa having sent me this one in her latest care package and written ‘the tea for hangovers or being ill!’ on the bag, so I thought that would be a pretty obvious choice.

It tastes primarily lemon-y and ginseng-y. Well, I’m not super-certain about the latter, but I think that must be it. It’s a bit like non-ginger-y ginger in flavour. Ginger that isn’t so sharp and warm and prickly. Ginger sweetened with licorice-y notes, sorta. I can’t really explain it, it’s just the association I get. (Note, the blend does not actually contain either ginger or licorice of any sort)

I don’t care for ginger, and I have to say I don’t really care much for ginseng either.

I do quite like the lemon-y aspect of the blend, and I think lemon is a much better, much fresher flavouring in green tea than in black. In green tea, I think it underlines the base quite nicely, and the lemon is probably what rescues this for me.

It’s not something I would drink on a regular basis; it’s not that rescued, but right now it is quite soothing and perking me up a bit, so I will rate it according to the circumstances as well as the flavour.

For being ill? Yes, I can see that. It’s not like teas for being poorly necessarily have to be horrid.

Azzrian

Get feeling better ! Take care of you! :)

cteresa

Hope you are feeling better!

I do not think i would like ginseng on its own, or even in most blends, but this tea is very conforting for me when I am feeling ill! without tasting horrible.

Missy

Hope you feel better soon!. Le sigh I keep losing comments I make. Any one else still having that trouble?

Missy

Woot the comment took. That’s the third time I’ve posted that one!

CHAroma

Feel better soon!

Comments

Azzrian

Get feeling better ! Take care of you! :)

cteresa

Hope you are feeling better!

Missy

Woot the comment took. That’s the third time I’ve posted that one!

CHAroma