drank Earl Grey by Whittard of Chelsea

I would just like to point out that I’m not actually around at this point. Well, I’ll probably pop in for a bit here and there, but not properly. I likely won’t be again until in a couple of weeks time when we have returned from our honeymoon.

Only two sleeps now! Best man and his girlfriend have arrived safely from the UK and we have fed them dinner this evening. We had also bought them dessert, but as it had to thaw out and we forgot, they didn’t get any. So we’ve shown them where we live and how to get here so they can get here bright and early on Saturday morning. He will be going with the boyfriend into town while I’m at the hairdressers (we think) and she will be helping me into my dress and then going into town with me.

They brought us two pouches of Whittard of Chelsea as a present, this one and a first flush Darjeeling (which annoyingly doesn’t state the estate on it, so I just put it under a generic Darjeeling already in the system). sigh Well, they weren’t to know that both of these are pretty much non-hits with me. Particularly the Darj, which I’ll try, but it will probably be one mostly for the boyfriend.

Anyway, they just went back to their hotel about twenty-ish minutes ago, so I put the kettle on so we could try one of these new ones before going to bed. The EG was requested, so that’s where we’ll start.

As I was spooning out the leaf I noticed a fair bit of aroma. At that distance from my nose, it was suprisingly sweet and it reminded me rather of that Girlie Grey I had from Jeeves and Jericho some time ago. TeaEqualsBliss, you might remember that one, I believe I shared some of it with you.

This of course made me curious, so I put my nose closer to the bag to get a better idea of it, but then it was just all sharpness and sort of dusty turqoise bergamot. From a distance though, it smells a bit like a citrus-y pudding.

This makes me hopeful.

After steeping, it’s more or less the same thing, although the bergamot is softer and retains that dessert-y touch to it, even when my nose is closer to the cup.

This makes me even more hopeful.

I did oversteep it a bit, but only by a few minutes, so no real harm was done, and it doesn’t seem to be showing up in the flavour. It tastes very creamy and smooth. If I didn’t know better I would think it had a smidge of cream-y flavouring added or perhaps a touch of vanilla. It says nothing of the sort on the box, though.

I actually like the EG! I think it’s because it’s not just like being pelted with bergamots. It’s not so sharp and dusty like they can sometimes get. It has that extra dimension of creamyness which makes it slightly pudding-y. Not very, just ever so slightly.

I’m suspectly, actually, that this may have more to do with the base blend (unfortunately not elaborated on) rather than the flavouring process, because it is indeed very very flavoured. For once it’s just not completely offensive. I feel certain we’ll get through this tin with little trouble.

TeaEqualsBliss

Oh yes!!!! I was a fan of that one! I really enjoyed the teas from that company you sent! Thanks again!!!! I’m starting another box for you, btw…when it’s full I will send it your way! Might take me about a month or so – hope that is ok!

Bonnie

You sound like you are floating on a cloud of earl grey cream…and ….could it be ….anticipation!?!

gmathis

Be blessed!

ashmanra

May you have joy!

Kittenna

Ahhh, I’m so excited for you!! Have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon! :)

JacquelineM

Happy Uniting in Love and Marriage Day…and Life! <3

Dylan Oxford

Enjoy it all!

Thanks everybody.

TeaEqualsBliss, a month or so would be preferable actually, as I’ll be out of the country for most of the next three weeks anyway.

1 more sleep, and the last breakfast pancakes of freedom!

LadyLondonderry

LOL @ “the last breakfast pancakes of freedom!” Have a wonderful wedding day and a delightful honeymoon, Angrboda!!

Lynne-tea

Love this post! That is so exciting =) Congratulations. Haha ‘last breakfast pancakes of freedom!’ Have an amazing time and I am so happy two tea drinkers are getting married!

Cheryl

Hope your wedding day is as wonderful as you imagined, and your marriage even better. Will wait patiently for stories upon your return :)

Keemun

Whittard of Chelsea does the best Earl Grey blend…that is my opinion and I am happy to read your good review.

Thanks again, all.

Comments

TeaEqualsBliss

Bonnie

gmathis

Be blessed!

ashmanra

May you have joy!

Kittenna

Ahhh, I’m so excited for you!! Have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon! :)

JacquelineM

Happy Uniting in Love and Marriage Day…and Life! <3

Dylan Oxford

Enjoy it all!

Thanks everybody.

1 more sleep, and the last breakfast pancakes of freedom!

LadyLondonderry