drank Earl Grey by Unknown

Hello steepsterites!!

Honeymoon is nearly over and we are leaving Norwich after breakfast. I’ve ticked a few more of those Very English things off my list such as fish’n’chips and brown sauce with breakfast sausages. Also banoffee pie and a large number of J2O flavours.

Most importantly though, THIS was as close as I got to a real proper cream tea. I could have had it. I was supposed to have it. But I’d had a large lunch and I don’t know if you are aware of this.steepsterites but cream tea involves an awful lot of food. There are little sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and cakes, and I just couldnt eat all that without bursting, so we went for just tea and cake instead.

So clotted cream and cucumber sandwiches are still unticked but i saw someone else having it so I was definitely close.

I hope you all have been behaving yourselves in my absence. It was the plan to try and keep up womewhat with the phone but the B&B wi-fi is dreadfully slow.

Azzrian

Oh yes a proper cream tea is WONDERFUL! I had one at The English Tea Store last time we went to St. Louis. I don’t think we will have time or funds to have one this time around but I so loved it! I did a review under places here on Steepster with photos! :)
It sure IS a ton of food!
You can get clotted cream on many tea sites just FYI and it is SO SO GOOD! I got some from Harney and Sons recently.
I LOVE that stuff! :)
There is Clotted Cream and Double Devonshire Cream – similar but a little different. I think I prefer Clotted. A little sweeter I think.

ashmanra

Thanks, Azzrian! I bought Double Devon Cream in Raleigh and thought it was great, but I didn’t know if it was the same as clotted cream. Next time I go up there I will get some more. You can buy it here in town but it is $2 more. Then maybe I can put some colored cream on my next Harney order and compare.

ashmanra

Clotted cream! Stupid autocorrect.

Azzrian

LOL its okay … I pay about 6 bucks or more USD for mine in mail order. How much is it there?

Bonnie

Some Whole Foods stores carry it too. My local King Super has a large British food section with clotted cream…(they have a whole long isle of european food) . City Drugs in Old Town carries Dutch and Russian goodies (kind of odd) .

Dylan Oxford

Yeah, there’s a place not far from here that does ‘High Tea’ that Sandy is pretty fond of. I’ll make it there one of these days… :)

CHAroma

I’m surprised you’re on here at all if you’re on your honeymoon! Best wishes for a long and happy life with your new husband!!

LadyLondonderry

Yes, our Angrboda is one dedicated tea lover, posting from her honeymoon!:)

Angrboda

Thanks everybody. Unfortunately no second chance for cream tea arose, so I’m still unticked there. Will probably invest in some imported clotted cream eventually, but it’s just not the same. I’ve also seen a recipe for making it myself, but I’m not sure I can bring myself to actually boil cream. O.o

Comments

Azzrian

It sure IS a ton of food!
I LOVE that stuff! :)

ashmanra

Clotted cream! Stupid autocorrect.

Bonnie

Dylan Oxford

CHAroma

LadyLondonderry

Yes, our Angrboda is one dedicated tea lover, posting from her honeymoon!:)

Angrboda