This one came from Auggy and from the name alone I was sort of expecting some kind of breakfast blend-y, hearty and malty tasting blend of primarily Assam and/or Ceylon. That name just sounds like that sort of concoction. So imagine my face when I took the lid of the tin and smelled something that reminded me most of all of something like chocolate-covered macaroons! How can this be, Steepsterites? How can such a masculine sounding name hide such a frankly girly smelling tea? I wasn’t even expecting it to be anything but tea-flavoured, for Ceiling Cat’s sake!

I made Husband smell the leaf and I have to say he was sceptical, considering his reply well before stating that he would try anything once. (And every time he says that sort of thing there is the “within certain boundaries” add-on before I can really start making outrageously evil plans. Unfair!)

After brewing, it smelled very strongly of coconut. Sitting normally at the desk I could still clearly smell the cup, standing there beside me without even searching for it. There was something sort of cake-y in the aroma as well.

The taste was very sweetly coconut and very creamy too. I couldn’t really pick much of the base up and the chocolate-y note from the aroma of the dry leaf did not make a second appearance. I had rather hoped it would. This was really way too much coconut for me. It was a nice enough cup but the one cup was definitely enough for me. Husband didn’t care for it at all. No, this was not really something for us. I would much rather have had the blend that I thought it would be, and every time I see the little tin on the shelf now, I have to remind myself that it doesn’t contain what I might expect it to.

Auggy

Oh no! Taste twins diverge! This has been my favorite coconut tea. (Though it is a bit old at this point so not quite as happy, but still.)

Angrboda

Yeah, we’re not super twinny when it comes to what we like it flavoured with. I don’t really go much for coconut in general. I seem to swing more in the direction of fruits and berries. Especially berries.

Auggy

Hehe, funny! The husband loves berry-flavored things but I’m kind of meh on them. Anything that reminds me of the beach, however…

Angrboda

That’s where our parallelness comes in. :) Not the same flavours, but roughly the same strength and the same interaction with the base. :)

Comments

Auggy

The Formalities