drank Graveyard Mist by 52teas

This one seems to be extremely popular. Very hyped on Steepster indeed, and I seem to recall there being some sort of a petition to have it made permanent. I’m sure I saw that, and I believe it was about this one.

So I was fairly certain all along that it was bound to be in the box somewhere. And lo, I was proven right.

I have to say though, that I don’t really understand the hype. To me this both tasted and smelled rather like toothpaste. With marshmallows in.

For me the spearmint was almost the only thing I could taste. I could detect some marshmallow here and there underneath and nothing whatsoever of the base. Primarily spearmint.

I’m not familiar with spearmint in anything except toothpaste and chewing gum, so I can’t claim to find it all that pleasant in other things. So for the life of me, I can’t find the appeal in this blend at all. Neither could Husband, who asked permission to discard.

Had it been peppermint instead of spearmint I think I might have enjoyed it better, but as it is, I think spearmint is just way too sharp a flavour for me in general.

(Seems I’m not having an awful lot of luck with the Christmas box this year…)

K S

I can’t even take spearmint in toothpaste.

Angrboda

I prefer different varieties as well, but if necessary, I can deal with it.

JC

Well, that did sound like a graveyard to me. :P I’m sorry, I know how is like to drink tea you just cant drink. But hey, for every bad one there’s a few great ones yet to discover!

Indigobloom

I started a petitiom for the Marshmallow Genmaicha to go permanent. Not sure if there was one for this as well but I wouldn’t doubt it! seems this is a hate or love it tea

MsWhatsit

I was intrigued by the name of this, but am not a fan of spearmint. Thanks for the review.

Kittenna

Yeeaaah I thought toothpaste with this one too. Have brought it home with me in an attempt to offload it on my mother…

Invader Zim

I had bought some of this thinking I would love it. It turned out to be sweet and toothpastey for me too. I gave it to a friend that fell in love with it.

Comments

K S

I can’t even take spearmint in toothpaste.

Angrboda

I prefer different varieties as well, but if necessary, I can deal with it.

JC