drank Chamomile by Stash Tea Company

Have: Headache.
Will swap for: New supply of Orange Puerh from Nothing But Tea

This is a backlog from a few days ago, actually. Not the headache, but the following. I received this bag from Fleurdelily and it’s been hanging around since then, because I don’t actually care much for chamomile at all, really. We do keep a blend around with chamomile and licorice root, but that’s purely for therapeutic reasons. It tastes vile, but it’s wonderfully soothing when one is ill.

So that’s why I had my trepidations about this one. Part of me thought I ought to wait until next time I got ill, because if chamomile is the sort of thing to drink under such circumstances, then surely I couldn’t give it a proper go if I was feeling well.

But then the other day as I was doing something or other in the bathroom, I just suddenly had this chamomile craving. It was like I could actually smell it. The time was right, I reckoned. Besides, I had just had a couple of days of feeling generally wonky, so my terms of unwellness were met too.

I made me a cup and took it with me to bed to read. I’ve done that a lot, lately, actually. Gone to bed early with a cup to read before bedtime. I was expecting to be able to drink maybe half because of the inherent vileness of chamomile, but I actually ended up drinking the whole thing.

The aforementioned vile concoction is loose leaf, whereas this one is bagged, and believe that is what made the difference. The bag just gave a milder sort of chamomile flavour than the loose stuff, probably for the very same mechanisms that loose is otherwise generally preferable over bags. In the particular case, however, the opposite worked to my advantage.

Yeah, I think I’ll drink the other bag I was given as well, although I will wait to see if I get that craving again, because that was definitely also a large factor in my experience here. Without it, I don’t know that this would have worked for me as relatively well as it did.

Jude

Love it: “the inherent vileness of chamomile”… I so hear you. And I keep trying to like it.

Angrboda

When I was younger I would actually drink chamomile for pleasure. I liked it then, and totally didn’t understand most people’s ‘only when ill’ attitude. I thought it was really nice with a bit of liquid honey as well. Then… I don’t know when or how it happened. My tongue just completely turned around on chamomile. Now I can barely stand the stuff. It’s a bit of a shame, really. It feels a bit like I’ve lost something.

Comments

Jude

Angrboda