drank Green Cactus by Den Lille Tebutik

Backlogging. I’ve had this one for a long time, it’s one of the teas that have been forgotten during a long period of time where greens didn’t really interest me much. It’s one of those green ones that get an almost neon-like colour and you wonder if there might have radio-active waste involved in making it. It’s really old though, and the flavour has faded rather a lot, especially the cactus flavour.

But it was awesome when it was fresh.

Jillian

So…. what does cactus taste like???

Angrboda

It sweet and fruity. To be honest it reminds me a bit of Dr Pepper, which in my head is a really weird comparison, but it’s the one that springs to mind. :)
I imagine they probably use prickly pear for it and call it ‘cactus’ because most danes might not know what a prickly pear was.
(On the other hand, I had a prickly pear a while ago and didn’t really like it at all. I didn’t think this tasted like one at all, so I don’t know. Maybe they use something else)

Carolyn

I used to eat prickly pear cactus fruits from our front garden and they always tasted like fruit punch to me. It seems odd to me that they’d combine prickly pear with a green tea since prickly pears are magenta and stain everything they come near.

Angrboda

It’s probably just artificial flavouring or essense or some such. But then again I don’t know if it’s actually that fruit. It’s just a guess. Might also be this dragon fruit things or whatever they were called that I saw on Wiki. I’ve seen those in my local supermarket. I’ll have to try and get one and see if that’s the right flavour. :)

Luthien

Interesting. I had a Green Cactus tea from Tea Leaves a while back that I found really disappointing and lacking in flavour. Sounds like I should go to Denmark for good cactus tea! g

Angrboda

I’ve only ever seen this one before ever, and in the meantime the shop where I bought it has passed on to new owners (Nooooo! I liked the woman who had it before! She recognised me and we could nerd a little over my purchase and she knew I knew what I wanted) so I don’t even know if they’ve got it anymore. I’m kind of in stingy-mode this month so however much I want to go shopping, it would be a bad idea. I’ll try to remember to have a look next time I go.

Comments

Jillian

So…. what does cactus taste like???

Carolyn