drank Lapsang Souchong by A C Perch's

I haven’t logged this one before? WHUT?

I likes me a good Lapsang. Don’t get me wrong there. But the lack of logging (ha! say that ten times fast!) might have something to do with the fact that I bought this one primarily to give my boyfriend when he’s here and secondarily for myself.

Right now though, I’m having the hardest time focusing on NaNo and I need a bit of a kick in the rear. Caffeine me. My green semi-spree is not going to cut it here. I know the amount of caffeine is the same, but the black tea just feels like it has more. Also this place, with the introduction of comments and liking and interaction, has became bloody addictive! Just the other day I discovered that on the front page that you get to when you’re not logged in, there are featured posts and featured users if you scroll down! I’m a featured user, apparently! It made me go WEEEEEE!!!! and immediately add all the other featured users to my follow list. You lot are all to blame if I don’t reach the 50K this year, I swear. Either that or I’ll start counting words on tea posts and include them.

The leaves smell all nice and smokey and with a hint of tobacco, which is something I’ve just recently learned to pay attention to in aroma. I get inspired when I see how you others describe these hard-to-describe things. The steeped tea is less smokey in scent and it has an underlying note of something sweet. I want to say caramel but I’m not really sure that’s the best description for it. Definitely tobacco too. Now that I’ve noticed, it’s really clear.

I think I’ve understeeped it a bit because I got impatient, but I made it good and strong with more leaves than usual. The flavour doesn’t have so much of the smoky flavour in it, but I expect the next cup with be better on that aspect. I think I might be getting the ‘pepper’ though. A sort of prickly flavour at the very back of my mouth like black pepper. But again, it might be because I used more leaves. This may not have been the most ideal brew, but it’s one of my black favourites, and aforementioned boyfriend is a good excuse to keep stocked up on it.

Right. I have my caffeine kick now and I need to get back to my pretense at novel writing. I’m going to take 15 concentrated minutes of writing and then I can slack off for a couple of minutes more. (This doesn’t sound like much, but it totally works. A short spurt of concentration, a couple of minutes break. Easy to over-look. Not so scary. And if you disregard all typos you can get a decent amount of words out in 15 minutes.)

I’m posting this at 6.28 pm my time. If you see any activity from me at all before fifteen minutes have passed, come by and kick my butt.

Cynthia Carter

You totally should count your tea posts towards NaNoWriMo – they are creative, technical and fun to read.

Jillian

Better yet, write a novel about tea. XD

Angrboda

Cynthia Carter: I will if I have to, but right now it’s going awesomely, so I don’t think I’ll need to cheat. :)

Jillian: Maybe later. This one’s about a witch. :)

gmathis

As a fellow writer, I have a theory - the intensity with which you need to meet a deadline is surpassed in triplicate by the urge to putter online.

Angrboda

I’m generally extremely easily distracted by Shiny Internets, but I still manage to write more during November than I do in I’d guess, three whole months for the rest of the year put together, so I don’t really fall inside your theory there.

On the other hand my dad always says that it’s the exception that proves the rule. :)

Carolyn

Witches can drink tea and when they do, you can include portions of your Steepster entries. Anything written in November should be looked at as potential prose that can be repurposed to the novel.

We do the fifteen minutes of writing then take a break also. My beloved says that its “health-supportive”. Good luck with NaNo!

Comments

Cynthia Carter

Jillian

Better yet, write a novel about tea. XD

Angrboda

Jillian: Maybe later. This one’s about a witch. :)

gmathis