drank Passionfruit by Adagio Teas

Say, isn’t it ‘passion fruit’ in two words? Anyway, I’ve been awake for hours and hours and we’re moving rather quickly towards noon actually. And I haven’t had a drop yet. Not because I didn’t want any, I just didn’t know what to pick. And then in a convoluted sort of thought patterns that I couldn’t trace even if I wanted to, one Arnold J. Rimmer makes the choice for me when the following quote popped into my head. “You are the fruit of their forbidden passion. You’re forbidden passion fruit.” (Red Dwarf S3E6 The Last Day) And I thought, hey why not? (Again with the setting, self! What gives???)

Smells sweet and kind of floral and with a note of something that kind of reminds me of yoghurt, strangely enough. It has a sort of dusty taste to me that makes me wonder if it’s fading and at the same time it tastes more ‘real’ than your average cheap flavoured bags. I think it’s the lack of syntheticness that does it.

Unfortunately I accidentally oversteeped it a little bit and the fruity flavours have drowned somewhat. The tea as such hasn’t turned unpleasant at all, it’s just not really all that sweet and fruity anymore. However, a smidgen of cane sugar, and we are back in business. Very nice.

TeaEqualsBliss

Everytime I look at that label I ask the same thing about it being 2 words! LOL

Jason

I thought the same thing too, but I added the tea myself and that’s how they spell it…

Angrboda

Yeah, I noticed that on the tin too which is why I didn’t edit. But even to my foreign eye it still looks strange. There are lots of teas with either spelling though so who can tell which are the right ones?

Comments

TeaEqualsBliss

Everytime I look at that label I ask the same thing about it being 2 words! LOL