drank Caramel by Luka Te m.m.

Good morning, Steeperites. Or… just… morning.

It’s one of THOSE mornings, shaping up to be one of THOSE days due to it already having been one of THOSE nights. Woke up no less than three times and couldn’t remember what day it was, so I had to get up and check. My eyes have been runny all night and now feel full of grit. I don’t know why that happens, it doesn’t appear to have any particular trigger, it just happens every now and then. So I get up this morning and troll about the internet for a bit. Twice, I’ve closed the browser instead of closing a tab. Clearly tea is, at this point badly needed, so I go and put some water on to boil and fill the pot with hot tap water. The hot water here gets ridiculously hot after having run for a bit, making washing up a chore reminiscent of punishment, so I don’t even have to boil twice. I then forgot I had filled the pot with that water and added two spoonfuls of tea leaves to it. I even had a few seconds of trying to remember how come they weren’t falling to the bottom of the pot.

And it’s only 9 o’clock… cue ominous music

I thought black and sweet would be the way to go here, so I made me a pot of this caramelly stuff. I have resisted the temptation (nearly) to eat (too many of) the little caramel squares in the tea, so it shouldn’t be (too badly) out of balance.

Ah, not to sweet and ever so slightly astringent. Possibly dreadfully oversteeped, but it doesn’t seem to be completely ruined. I can feel the day improving already.

Jillian

Are mornings ever good? /purely rhetorical question

I’ve had days like that too when you just want to scream in frustration at the Powers-That-Be, or go back to bed. I hope your’s gets better.

P.S. Your tea sounds delish. _

Angrboda

Yeah, it’s not a very good start so far… At least I don’t have to go to work! O.o

takgoti

I know exactly how you’re feeling. I’ve been sleeping very sporadically, which generally doesn’t happen to me, and today I feel like the walking dead.

Caramel tea sounds verra nice. I think I’m going in for the hard line, though. Time to break out the Yunnan.

gmathis

What’s the quote? This isn’t verbatim, but … “there is no problem so dire that can not be much diminished by a cup of tea.” Hope your outlook improves!

gmathis

Steeperites. I like that. LOVE your way with words!

Gmathis, I’ve nicked it from Takgoti. Shamelessly. :D

Comments

Jillian

Are mornings ever good? /purely rhetorical question

P.S. Your tea sounds delish. _

takgoti

gmathis

Steeperites. I like that. LOVE your way with words!

Gmathis, I’ve nicked it from Takgoti. Shamelessly. :D