drank Late Summer Blend by A C Perch's

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

This morning on my way to work I passed by a building where I saw this in the window

The sign says that they are opening both a shop and a tea room there in August this year.

YOU GUYS, IT MADE MY DAY!

They’ve had the shop in Copenhagen for over 175 years, of course, and they’ve also managed to get a foot in on the Japanese market as a luxury item so they’ve got a couple of shops there, but this is the first new shop in Denmark, and it’s right near where I live! I’ll be walking right past it every (work) day.

This, ladies and gentlemen, has the potential of becoming very very expensive. (While actually saving money, because I’ll no longer be bound to amounts dividable by 100g and I’ll no longer have to pay the (modest for within Denmark) shipping fee.

I am celebrating this with a cup of the Late Summer blend which contains cranberry and vanilla on a black Chinese base, and which is one of my absolute favourites from ACP.

Can it be August yet? Can it? Can it?

Roughage

Looks like I shall have to get back to Aarhus in August! :)

Fjellrev

Nice! It’s funny because I was considering Aarhus (and Copenhagen too of course) for grad school. Never made it out to Aarhus but that’s AWESOME that they’re expanding like that.

Angrboda

Roughage, I told Husband earlier today, ‘FYI, we are GOING THERE!’ but he had already figured that out. I’ll have to drag my boss in there as well for one of our ‘afternoon meetings’ too, and I suspect she’ll be really easy to drag. :D We’ve been drinking ACP at work for a good while after all.

Incendiare, I know! :D I’ve always thought it was funny how they were establishing themselves so well in Japan and apparently never thought to try it outside of the capital in their own country.

Fjellrev

Yeah, you would think that they would have done it sooner? Interesting how they sooner chose Japan. Reminds me of Andersen bakery.

Angrboda

Incendiare, as I understand it, it was some Japanese celebrity who had been in Copenhagen and had liked the tea and then asked them about establishing there or whether they would allow her to open a franchise or something. Something of that sort. I can’t really remember the full story. They had help anyway. :)

Comments

Roughage

Looks like I shall have to get back to Aarhus in August! :)

The Formalities