drank Gunpowder by Unknown

This would be the tea for the day, chosen because I want something that I can just recycle. I have Writing Ambitions today, so I’m going to be lazy about tea and try not to spend too much time on Steepster either reading or writing. (snort as IF! And while I’m dreaming I would also like a billion kroner.)

I haven’t steeped it more than two-three minutes here in the first go. It has a rather soapy smell today. Well, not really soap as such, I don’t really know how to describe it but soap is as close as I can get. This isn’t really surprising since I don’t know what the quality of this stuff is, but it came in an ordinary clear plastic bag without even a brand name on it and ‘Gunpowder green tea’ or something like that stamped directly on the plastic bag, so I’m inclined to think it’s probably not top quality.

The taste is strong and spicy and I can see why some would call it bitter. I don’t think it’s bitter, but it has potential to become so if oversteeped. It tastes like it would be good with a bit of mint in it, but I’ve tried that before, and I didn’t really think it worked as well as I had hoped. It might have been better with further experimentation, but the result wasn’t interesting enough that I’ve ever bothered trying again.

So, this is the tea for the day. We’ll see how much I can get out of these leaves.

And now you’ll have to excuse me. I’ve got stuff to edit.

gmathis

Much sympathy. Proofreading is my kryptonite.

Carolyn

I love editing. I wish the writing part of the process was over so that I could begin the editing part. Alas, it is true that one must write before one can edit one’s work.

Carolyn

Good luck to Angrboda with her editing. May the typos be caught cowering from her mighty red pen.

Angrboda

On this particular one it’s a tough job. The person who proof read for me was REALLY thorough, and while that’s a good thing because she explained her suggestions and changes and I’m learning stuff from it and what not, she’s forcing me to actually think for myself. The horror! O.o

Comments

gmathis

Much sympathy. Proofreading is my kryptonite.

Angrboda