drank Gunpowder by Unknown

Hey Steepster Peeps and those who decided to follow Lexitus in particular? Did you know that apparently we are the Steepster Mafia? ;p It made me LOL. Does that make me Godfa- er… Godmother?

4th steep actually, with a crutch (as in a pinch of fresh leaves). I didn’t actually need any tea tonight after the pot of sodding Earl Grey earlier, but then Denisend made a forum thread about honey in tea and… I got inspired.

And for some weird reason this Gunpowder was my first thought. Sweetening a green tea, and a naturally sweet one at that. I’m nuts, obviously. This will either be spectacularly spectacular or spectacularly dreadful.

Yup. It’s actually spectacularly indifferent.

Gunpowder tends to have a sweet note naturally and the honey just added a little bit to it. Granted I didn’t add very much, but it still didn’t really swing it either way.

denisend

Oh, I’d better not tell my husband that I inspired a sweetened green tea. He’d totally cringe (he’s a green tea purist).

Angrboda

I am too, to a point. I don’t mind flavoured, but I don’t think I’ve ever added anything to it before. I kind of cringed myself too.

Carolyn

The angry Danish Steepster Mafia? You could inspire a book on your own.

My beloved doesn’t drink any hot beverages (or cold beverages other than water and orange juice). It seems like it would be nice to share tea drinking. Or perhaps not. Perhaps it would simply increase the chance of getting to one’s favorite tea and finding it gone.

denisend

@Angrboda – I don’t think I’ve ever seen my husband drink a flavored green, either, now that I think of it. I love flavors, but he just gives me weird looks.

@Carolyn – It’s nice to share tea drinking in that we both like to go to tea houses and such, but he does make fun of me for using sweeteners and such. We have totally different tastes (except southern sweet tea, since we’re both originally from the south). There’s a bunch of stuff I should probably remove from my ‘cupboard’. It’s his and I’ll probably never drink it.

You should make him get an account. :D
I tempted Lexitus into is and he owns a grand total of four different teas. :p

52teas

Wasn’t sure where else to post this (Need to go add to suggestions board—Ability to send private messages to other users), but I wanted to let you know that your tea was dropped at the post office tonight.

The paperwork was a major hassle until I found out I was trying to fill out the wrong form (live and learn). It should be pretty simple from here on out.

Be interested to see how long it takes to get to Denmark and if they charge you any sort of tariff. (I was required to provide the receipt in duplicate along with details on what you purchased.)

Anyway, I’m sure you will find our teas well worth it.

Angrboda

52teas, I assure you, you can read about it here when it arrives. I’m very excited. I’ll try not to break Steepster’s CSS again though. ;p I’ll drop you a note via your site too, when it gets here.
Experience tells me that it will probably take about 7-10 days, maybe a little more. I don’t know if the customs people have any specific sort of way to check or if they just check a randomised representation of arriving packages, but I think it might have something to do with size and weight. We’ll see. :D

Comments

denisend

Carolyn

The angry Danish Steepster Mafia? You could inspire a book on your own.

You should make him get an account. :D
I tempted Lexitus into is and he owns a grand total of four different teas. :p

52teas

Anyway, I’m sure you will find our teas well worth it.

The Formalities