drank Royal Black Tea by Lahaha

Came home from England a few days ago where we, among other things, spent a day in London, visited family and took the fast lane down the stairs. Again. I was told my undignified descent was marked by a certain amount of resignation, because having done it before, I know that once you slip, there’s no way you’re stopping before you reach the bottom. Fortunately for me the steps are carpeted, so in spite of a spectacular bruise to my rear, it wasn’t particularly painful. This visit was then followed up by a visit to the bank with regard of finding out whether or not they would be willing to let us borrow a LOT of money, which they were. Then this morning I finally remembered that I’ve actually got a handful of these pre-written posts and I ought to post one. And tomorrow it’s back to the grindstone.

Another one from Auggy. The leaf of this tea smells funny. It’s heavily chocolate-y and kind of… I want to say jam, really. Chocolate and jam. The steeped tea smells more keemun-y. Heavy, thick and grainy. Very much like Danish rye bread (which, people who have never been to a Scandinavian country, is not what you understand as rye bread I don’t think. It’s dark, dark brown, very grainy and eaten in thin slices.) and still with a strong note of something… jam-y. Rye bread with jam. A peculiar (but rather good, don’t tell my mother) combination.

So the aroma is just awesome. The flavour, however, is a little more controlled. I’m still getting all the same notes, but they don’t feel as full and heavy. There’s also a smidge of something nearly smoky in here, which may or may not turn totally floral when swallowing. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t.

This one is nice. I like it. It went well with breakfast.

Angrboda

OMGsrsly, I really enjoy it whenever you like one of my posts. “OMGsrsly liked your post about X” sounds so wonderfully enthusiastic. :D

Ysaurella

I’ve been in Sweden and I just loved so much rye bread…I miss it very much !
I miss too the scandinavian pear cider, I am unable to find this in France…

TeaKlutz

This may be my favorite description ever of falling down the stairs (which I’m sure I will be stealing sometime in the near future, because I’m prone to doing stuff like this!) Also, I’ve been wondering, how do you make the text smaller at the beginning of your posts?

Angrboda

TeaKlutz, you put a ~ in front of and behind the text. There’s a FAQ post on the boards which have all sorts of formatting things you can do, although you have to scroll down quite a while to find it.

Ysaurella, I haven’t had pear cider for ages. I tend to be partial to apple myself. :)

Ah, sweet. Thanks!

Lynxiebrat

Hmm dark rye? reminds me of Pumpernickel.

OMGsrsly

Awesome! :)

Comments

Angrboda

Ysaurella

I’ve been in Sweden and I just loved so much rye bread…I miss it very much !
I miss too the scandinavian pear cider, I am unable to find this in France…

Ah, sweet. Thanks!

Lynxiebrat

Hmm dark rye? reminds me of Pumpernickel.

OMGsrsly

Awesome! :)

The Formalities

Contact Angrboda by email: iarnvidia@gma[email protected]
Contact Ang on IM on Google chat