This one was sent to me by Auggy along with a bunch of other different EGs, one of which I have to admit, we already had. No matter though. I must also admit that out of all the flavours with which to flavour tea, bergamot is among my least favourite. I don’t dislike it as such. I just don’t find it very interesting. So, I suspect Auggy is going to try and convert me. Taste Twins, after all. Very well, I trust her, so I will step up to the challenge.

I was drinking this cup while cooking, and that is not the best sort of environment to go into a lot of detail about individual notes and aromas and what have yous, so this will be quite superficial.

One of my problems with EG is the fact that bergamot often strikes me as a floral kind of flavour. All dusty and grey, like an attic nobody has bothered to look into for a few decades. If the tea is very heavily flavoured with bergamot, this is the sort of impression I get of it. Like licking a dusty shelf. It reminds me of a time when I helped clean an attic such as the above described and even though we were all wearing protective suits over our clothes and masks to protect our lungs and all that, it still felt like the dust got in absolutely every where. This was where I learned what dust tastes like. It tastes… dusty. So, naturally, I tend to not like a heavily bergamot flavoured tea.

This particular version, however, is quite mild. It’s only slightly dusty and floral, but I can still clearly tell the bergamot is there. In a line-up, I defintiely think I would be able to pick out the EG if this was the one representing the flavour.

It has a certain creamy feel to it too, all thick and milky. I find that this happens frequently with EGs even if they haven’t had any other flavouring added to enhance it. I suspect it might be a quality of bergamot in general. Heavily flavoured EGs tend to lose that for me, so for me that creamy feeling is very much a plus. If I am to drink an EG, I want it to feel like this. This is very pleasant (for an EG).

In other news, I think it may be a sign that I’ve been listening to too much Cabin Pressure, when I heard Douglas’ voice dictating parts of my post to me as I write… (Also, sometimes, Arthur. Brilliant!)

Auggy

Ha! Would you believe that our taste twin powers are not out of sync as I am not a huge Earl Grey fan either? I end up with so many because the husband is a fan so I’m learning to appreciate them.

Comments

Auggy

The Formalities