I couldn’t let Mike stew in uncertainty for too long. And I was curious as to what this would be like when it hadn’t been ruined. So I made a small pot and carefully carefully timed the steeping with the kitchen timer.

The aroma was pretty much the same. Sweetly spicy, sort of, with the fennel note. And a note of pepper too. I nabbed a small moutful of it plain and the first thought I had when I tasted it was… soap. Spicy soap. A bit sweet too, a sweetness just exactly out of reach, but mostly soap. I’m struggling really hard to not find such a negative word, but I can’t. I’m not entirely certain I’d like pumpkin pie if I was ever presented with it.

On recommendation from several people, I had the rest with a bit of milk.
That helped! It took the odd note off the aroma. It was pretty much the same, just toned down. I liked the taste a lot better too. The soapiness dissappeared. The milk did get a slightly sour note, which was definitely not because it was getting bad because I tested it first.

While I was at it, I tried adding a bit of cane sugar too. That was nice too. I don’t know if maybe I’m just drowning out the flavour this way, but for me this works.

But I still don’t think I like pumpkin pie much.

LENA

oooh…put it in the travelling tea box. I’d love to try it. I’m a big fan of pumpkin pie.

Angrboda

I was planning to. If you’re lucky it’s still there when you get it. :)

52teas

Wow. I feel so bad. We completely struck out with you. With very popular blends too.

Angrboda

Not completely, I liked the Black Satin. :)
Don’t feel bad, I wasn’t showing all that much thought in my choices. Dates that I already knew I didn’t like (I was just hoping that it would be a texture thing) and pumpkin that I had no clue whether or not I’d like. Not very smart, really. But don’t worry, I’m totally not scared away. :)

Kimberly Shaw

I’d love to try this. Thanks for the detailed description and for the follow, too.

Comments

LENA

Angrboda

I was planning to. If you’re lucky it’s still there when you get it. :)

52teas

Angrboda

Not completely, I liked the Black Satin. :)

Kimberly Shaw