drank White Cucumber by Adagio Teas

Goodmorning Steepsterites.

Word of the day is ‘BRRRRRRRR!!!!’
I’m having an unplanned day off because my city looks like a christmas card (Look! http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/iwBGrA_DuCCny_0D9mhQfw?feat=directlink and http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/AS7NtzJwc9yVtSMUwALKsw?feat=directlink)
and the train service is unreliable enough today that I got a bit worried about whether or not I’d be able to get home again if I managed to fight my way to work. So I gave up and went home. It’s actually more or a hot cocoa day rather than a tea day, but I haven’t got any milk, and hot cocoa made on water is not worth the effort.

What better time than now to give this white cucumber stuff that Ricky sent me a whirl?

The leaves look fairly normal and of a good size. Some of them are pretty dark. I have to say I agree with other reviewers though. They absolutely reek! They smell like pickles and vinegar and something kind of chemical and it’s the same thing in the finished brew. I was rather imagining fresh cucumbers. Not pickled ones.

The colour is sort of yellow with the slightest hint of green, and surprisingly, because of the smell, it actually tastes more like fresh cucumbers than it does of pickles. It’s so weird! It’s got that same sort of bitterness that cucumbers can have, especially in the peel, and I’m picking up a strong note of dill too. I’m always happiest with something that will leave me with a good aftertaste, but this is a bit much. My mouth tastes like I’ve just been chewing a wad of dill and it feels all green. If I go and look at my tongue in the mirror, I’d probably be surprised that it was still red. As it is, I keep catching myself searching for a note of fish that isn’t there, of course.

I’m glad I only made one cup and it only got worse as it cooled. I’m so not a fan of this. Spitty! Spitty! I’m going to go and make something else to take the bad taste out of my mouth.

JacquelineM

I’m sorry about your nasty tea, but GOSH your city looks utterly charming.

Angrboda

Thank you. The last ice age gave us a good number of hills in this area. The center of the city where I live is down in the hole. I live on the second floor (or third, depending on how you would count the ground floor) and those two pictures are taken from my balcony, the view in both directions. :)

Ricky

Chug it! Don’t waste tea! Haha, it does look like a Christmas Card =D

Cofftea

Sad day! Isn’t it interesting how someone and love something and the next can hate it? How do you feel about cucumbers in general?

gmathis

Absolutely beautiful photos—-in my part of the world, we tend to get ice rather than snow. I’m with you—-hot chocolate with marshmallow creme would be appropriate.

teaplz

Ewwwww. And gorgeous photos, Angrboda!

Angrboda

Oh gosh, some of my last comments appears to have gone missing. It’s supposed to say that those other pictures are pretty dark because I took them shortly after having given up on the train and that they’re blurry because I’m not very good at keeping the camera still. Too impatient.

Ricky, I didn’t waste it, don’t worry. I’m glad it wasn’t a very big cup though.

Cofftea, cucumbers for me are the same as peaches. Good to eat, bad to drink.

Gmathis, we don’t get this much snow very often either. Usually it’s just slush. When we get decent amounts it’s 10-15 cm. I reckon I’ve got about 30 cm today, and just a few kilometers south from here they have about 35 cm. Parts of Funen has upwards of half a meter.

Teaplz, I quite agree with the ew, and thank you. :)

LENA

wow…that’s such a lovely view!

Angrboda

Lena, thank you. :) I quite like living in a hole like this. I sometimes think my rent is a bit on the high side, but I guess I’m paying for a view like that. And for having the pedestrian street almost literally just around the corner.

Auggy

I kind of wish I had gotten the dill flavor out of it instead of Red Hots.

Angrboda

Auggy, I don’t know what Red Hots are, but I’m thinking it’s probably the same flavour that we’re interpreting differently. I’m just glad I didn’t succeed in finding the herring flavour I couldn’t stop myself from searching for. :D That would have been even more disgusting.

Auggy

Red Hots are little red, button-like cinnamon candies. They don’t taste like real cinnamon so much as synthetic cinnamon (the same cinnamon taste that cinnamon liquor tastes like, if that helps?). I pretty much hate them. But I don’t discount a certain similarity to dill. I kind of want to eat some dill to compare now. Maybe if I have some at home. I am greatly intrigued (in a train-wreck sort of way) by the idea of herring tea. It does sound like it would be all sorts of wrong!

Angrboda

I couldn’t really think of it as cinnamon at the time, but now I definitely think it was the same note we tasted. I can sort of see the resemblance even if I can’t taste it.
Herring tea, ewwww!!! I’m not entirely certain that wouldn’t be illegal. It should be.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Lovely snow photos.

takgoti

Must ditto the comments on your photos. Absolutely picturesque.

Comments

JacquelineM

I’m sorry about your nasty tea, but GOSH your city looks utterly charming.

Ricky

Chug it! Don’t waste tea! Haha, it does look like a Christmas Card =D

Cofftea

gmathis

teaplz

Ewwwww. And gorgeous photos, Angrboda!

Angrboda

Cofftea, cucumbers for me are the same as peaches. Good to eat, bad to drink.

Teaplz, I quite agree with the ew, and thank you. :)

LENA

wow…that’s such a lovely view!

Auggy

I kind of wish I had gotten the dill flavor out of it instead of Red Hots.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Lovely snow photos.

takgoti

Must ditto the comments on your photos. Absolutely picturesque.

The Formalities