Let me preface this by saying that these days when I post on Steepster it is almost always a backlog. Rather than going through spurts of posting a lost and periods of not feeling like writing about tea, I’ve taken to writing all my posts in a Libre Office file and copy/paste them from there, adding a personal note of general update if and when necessary. I’m trying to space them out more or less equally so as to keep up a relatively constant level of activity on the site. Therefore, by the time you actually read this, the box is well on its way through the remainder of the list.

This is the first tea I’m trying out of the EU travelling teabox, the first teabox I’ve even considered participating in since… well, yeah, some of you remember the very first teabox we had on Steepster which was fun to organise but there were some other PITA things about it that rather burned me out on travelling teaboxes in general. I did this one because it was local (ish. Bear with me and my inaccurate use of the word ‘local’ here. You know what I mean), a small chain and not me organising. Furthermore it has emphasis on things that for the most part I can actually buy myself, so I’m treating it as away of introducing myself to things that I didn’t know were available to me.

I’ve taken a fair selection out of it so far for keeps and am going to see if I can try a few of the
others before sending on. This is one that I’m just trying.

It has those little candy hearts in the leaf and it smells rather sweet. I’m wondering if what I’m actually going to get is a cup of pre-sweetened tea which is not a happy prospect for someone who doesn’t like sweetened tea at all. It also smells vaguely citrus-y and a little creamy, and it reminds me a great deal of oranges.

This definitely has some citrus in it, because it tastes a bit like orange. No, not orange, really, more like orange blossoms. It also tastes a fair bit of milk, strangely, which leads me to wonder what those little hearts were actually made of. It’s not as sugar-y sweet as I had feared at all.

I can’t really pick much up about the base of it. It’s all hidden in a cloud of milky fatness.

This will stay quite firmly a ‘try’ and not a ‘take’. I find it a little boring and uninspiring.

Ysaurella

I love the tea name but I am not very fond of teas with sugar or candy’s addition directly in the leaf

Angrboda

No, I’m not either really. I don’t like sweetener in my tea at all, so I don’t enjoy not being in my control. Besides, I just don’t think sprinkles and jelly beans and what have you belong in tea at all in the first place.

Comments

Ysaurella

Angrboda