drank Aniseed by Luka Te m.m.

All those chores I mentioned this morning? Yeah uh… um…. uh….

In other news, I’ve made me a pot of this aniseed tea that I had nearly forgotten I had. I tried to clean up the table in the kitchen where tins migrate to as I use them, and I got distracted. I tried, though. Isn’t that good enough?

It’s the closest thing I’ve got to the Black Satin from 52teas. Maybe I can make do with this when the Black Satin runs out. Maybe. It’s not as good.

On a whim today I added a pinch of peppermint to the pot. It’s both good and bad. I can’t actually decide if the peppermint taste doesn’t fit in at all, or if I think it’s really nice. I’m leaning towards a nice addition that doesn’t fit in. The aniseed and peppermint are sort of competing for attention on the tongue which brings about a pretty strange result.

Well, we’ve tried that. Next time I think I’ll leave out the peppermint. Strange idea to add it anyway.

Suzi

Might be a strange idea, but I would have thought peppermint and aniseed nice together. I’ve never actually tried it though – I guess it doesn’t work out!

It sort of doesn’t work in a way that kinda works. I really can’t decide! :D
Maybe it’s something to do with the parts of the tongue that register them, if it’s the same area for both. Maybe I used too much or too little. I don’t know. It works very well with the licorice root though.

PeteG

I find any mint type of tea with anise is nice…sometimes even some licorice root…most of the time I enjoy a good strong black tea with the whole lot is a treat too.

Angrboda

I suspect you might have liked this one then, Pete. I found it a little confusing. Can’t decide if it was worth a second try some other time. :)

Comments

Suzi

It sort of doesn’t work in a way that kinda works. I really can’t decide! :D