drank Persian Earl Grey by Lipton

Goodmorning Steepsterites, and merry christmas to those of you who celebrate.

This year I got a tea-related present. A set of a mug, a small box of biscuits, a small tin with five teabags of green tea and a tea measuring spoon. I can’t wait until I get home on sunday so I can try it out. (If I can figure out what brand it’s supposed to be)

Anyway, this is a backlog from last night after the present opening was over. Over here in Denmark we are so backwards and impatient that we open our presents on the 24th in the evening. My parents have a sampler pack and one was just picked at random.

Nothing special really. Lipton’s lemony tasting Earl Grey with some jasmine, I think, thrown in. I can’t check, but it tasted like jasmine to me, so that’s what I think it was. Drinkable although somewhat perfumed.

takgoti

I think a lot of people here are starting to open presents on Christmas Eve, too. We usually do one each, but save the rest for the morning. I think I’d personally feel too deflated if I woke up in the morning without any surprises to be doled out. Color me conditioned.

Angrboda

Ha, so we’re not really backwards, we’re ahead of our time! :D
We have dinner first (traditionally roast duck, goose, turkey or pork roast), then we put the presents under the tree and sing christmas songs while walking several miles around it (we call it ‘dancing’ but it really isn’t) and getting a good look at all the decorations on it and such. After that we unwrap presents, one at a time, and then we have our evening coffee (or tea) and people start to go home. Some people save the dessert for after all the gift unwrapping. Children get all excited for getting their presents in the evening and then they get all frustrated again, because they typically have to wait until the next day to play with most of it, so I suppose you could technically say that we don’t really get anything until the next day. :)

Comments

takgoti

Angrboda