drank Oolong tea candy by Unknown

I may be pushing the limits with this one. I debated whether or not it belonged on the board or in one of my own posts, but eventually I decided that since it’s made of primarily real tea and it’s built pretty much like my other posts so here it is.

Once upon a time I was in a travelling teabox, the very same that inspired the one I’m organising here (note! Sign up for the Travelling Teabox by emailing address and steepster username to me at [email protected] before dec 31st! Guidelines for participation can be found in this thread (http://steepster.com/discuss/102-travelling-teabox) on the board) and someone added these candies that I nabbed a couple of. Two red ginseng candies from Korea, containing sugar, maltose, red korean ginseng chunks, raw honey and peppermint, and two oolong tea candies from god knows where in Asia and containing oolong tea, maltose and sugar. (There were also a couple of maple candies which I’ve eaten long ago)

I’ve never had the guts to try either of these, but tonight I happened across them and I was feeling brave. It’s a sort of greenish dark grey colour and it smells vaguely of tea. It definitely does taste like a sweetened proper oolong tea, though. It’s like a dry cup of tea. It’s like…. sucking on the leaves after brewing. It tastes like the inside of the pot smells after a number of good steeps. I wish I could get my hands on more of these, because they’re really kinda yummy! One is definitely enough, but I could get addicted to these things.

(The ginseng ones didn’t actually have tea in them, smelled rather bad, and tasted worse… it was like sucking on a bit of dry toothpaste. The less said about those the better.)

Carolyn

I came across this today while looking at pu-erhs: http://www.puerhshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=105&products_id=725

They’re called pu-erh candies. I’m not certain whether they are actually candy or not. All I know is that they definitely have pu-erh in them.

Cofftea

Oolong and pu erh candies! WOW!!! I’ve only seen green tea ones before! I would agree w/ the “pushing the limits” (at least for current steepster usage, I’m praying we’ll some day be able to offically log tea food items/accessories/wares)- but this is just too cool! This is the very reason I want that idea implemented:)

Cofftea

@Carolyn, it isn’t actual candy. It’s brewed so I’m thinking they use the word candy instead of cake maybe?

takgoti

I can totally see myself becoming addicted to these.

Angrboda

Carolyn, those look awesome. Just right for travel sized. Although I can just see someone getting one and try to eat it. LOL! :D

Takgoti, I am blessed with not knowing how to get more. Really. If I knew, I might get myself in trouble.

Comments

Carolyn

takgoti

I can totally see myself becoming addicted to these.

Angrboda