drank Shamrock Tea by 52teas

Another Try from the EU travelling teabox. I’ve heard many good things about this blend, but it also contains spearmint, which for me might as well have said ‘toothpaste flavour’. I’m not too keen on spearmint. I have found it tolerable now and then, though. I don’t really mind it in my before bed Sleepytime blend from Celestial Seasonings. Possibly because I generally have that after having cleaned my teeth so my mouth already tastes like toothpaste anyway.

Since it was there in the box, though, I figured now was my only chance to give it a go for myself.

I made a small cup, about half of what I usually make for myself, just in case. It smells strongly of mint, both peppermint and spearmint, but most particularly the latter. There’s something sweet in there as well, probably the vanilla, and it reminds me rather of some kind of minty sweetie or lozenge.

It has a peculiar flavour. I can easily find the vanilla flavouring, somewhere in the middle and surrounded by peppermint. Mint is quite a sweet flavour in itself and so is vanilla, so I’m getting sweetness with sweetness around it and packed in more sweetness. Spearmint is more sharp and threatens to overwhelm the other two at times, but it’s not as toothpaste-y as I had initially feared.

To my surprise I find it’s actually quite pleasant, but I think this one cup is quite enough.

MissB

I remember Frank saying somewhere he hated ‘toothpaste-tasting tea’, so I’m glad this one veered away from it.

Angrboda

Yes, I think it’s the vanilla that does it. I’ve noticed the same thing in the vanilla sleepytime you sent me. (Still haven’t managed to get your envelope in the mail, btw, although it’s all packed up and address written on it and everything. I keep forgetting to take it with me.)

Comments

MissB

Angrboda