drank Queens Blend by A C Perch's

AC Perch’s claim the Queen of Denmark actually drink this blend. Since they deliver to the royal household I see little reason not to believe them. This is a very awesome detail to know for a royalist-to-the-bone such as me.

I’m not really an Earl Grey fan. To me it’s either so citrusy that you could have called it a lemon tea and fooled me easily or it’s rather bitter. Bergamot is, to me, a fairly rough and throat-scratching sort of flavour. On top of that, it’s too common. Tell someone to name the first tea they think of and I would be shocked if most of them didn’t blurt out ‘Earl Grey’. It’s boring and every-day-ish when there are so very many other interesting teas out there.

Still, for some reason I made cup of this today. I think it was because I saw someone make a post about an Earl Grey creme, and of course now I can’t remember exactly which tea it was or who the poster was, but it did inspire me to try this one with a bit of milk in it. Normally I don’t really do milk in tea. 97% of all my tea is taken plain. No milk, no sugar, just tea.

It’s definitely benefitting from the milk. This is a fairly strong Earl Grey so it’s got a lot of the scratchy bergamot flavour and none of the lemony wannabe, and the milk is smoothing it out a lot. I think I definitely like it better this way.

On the other hand the addition of milk seems to have drowned out the Gunpowder in the blend, so it’s really like a two-in-one tea. It seems to me to be very different with and without milk.

JacquelineM

As I just commented to TeaEqualsBliss, the Earl Grey family of teas usually seem to inspire love or hate! I’m finding it interesting to see what camp people on Steepster fall into :)

(I’m madly in love with them, but I like them only in the afternoon :) I started drinking them regularly last year and toted a cup to my History of Europe from WWII to the Present class each session. I LOVED the class, and now I am trained like a Pavlov dog to associate it with learning fascinating things, and one of the best professors that I’ve ever had in my life!

Angrboda

I think you might like this blend, then.
As a whole, I can take or leave them. It’s rare that I’ll actually pick one out for myself though, if I don’t already have it in the house. And then I’ll like it, but it still won’t be something that I have more than once in a blue moon, unless I’ve got company. I lean much more towards the breakfast blend even though that’s also very every-day-ish and common. I tend to like the lemon-like ones better, but then I’d really rather have a proper lemon tea. You know?

S

Yum, Earl Grey Creme is one of my favorite teas. I’ve never added actual milk or creme to an Earl Grey before, though…

S

Wait, I just remembered, I totally have had earl grey with milk before, when my sister was making said Earl Grey Le Creme and added milk without asking. I think I liked it. Geez, now you’ve inspired me to try this again :)

Comments

JacquelineM

Angrboda

I think you might like this blend, then.

The Formalities