Second steep of the leaves from last night this morning.

You know, I think I really like the first steep better. It was much more buttery this time around, and rather too much so. Not nearly so far as to be greasy or nauseating, but definitely headed in that general direction. The chameleon colour shifting is gone too.

I will say this about it though, it has a certain snacky quality. For me it works remarkably well as a way to avoid those naughty little snacks during the day. Chocolate, biscuits, popcorn, pudding, whatever. Have a cup of this instead. It doens’t work every time when I’m craving something, but it’s close enough.

Carolyn

How interesting! I use genmaicha the same way. There is a popcorn machine where I work and the genmaicha helps me avoid rushing over greedily when someone is popping corn.

Angrboda

I find it’s good for breakfast too. It has a more filling sort of flavour than most other teas. I’m not one who needs a whole lot of strong flavour in the morning, mostly because when I have teas in the morning it’s most often in a travel mug and they don’t come to their right there. This one works quite well, I think because the flavour is so unique. I’m not very good at remembering to eat breakfast, but it makes me feel like I did.

Carolyn

My breakfast routine is a strong black tea with notes of cocoa (Dawn, Sinharaja, or Bohea Select) with some Silk Creamer, then a run, then mostly greens, whites, or yellows for the rest of the day.

Angrboda

I have some of my huge stash of gunpowder blend at work these days. I tend to go for strong stuff there, probably a subconscious effort to get through the work day.

Keemun

…lovely reading this as right now I am having a big mug of it in front of me.
The popcorn scent tries to play tricks on me and wants to draw me in…it’s like a cute, very young, playfull girl…well, deffinately under 20. Wants to be adored…you know, the kind of shy but in the end rather naughty type…got carried away here…let me take my first sip

Comments

Carolyn

Keemun

…lovely reading this as right now I am having a big mug of it in front of me.

The Formalities