drank Jamaican Rum by Darlene's Teaport

From the queue

MissB shared a sample of this one with me in the parcel of vast amounts of samples that I received from her in December. I don’t much care for alcoholic drinks in general, so I’m hoping there won’t be that alcoholic note in it. I’ve tried one or two cocktail flavoured blends from 52teas that had that note of burning in the throat. It’s that very thing that I find unpleasant about strong alcohol. Husband, however, was quite interested when I asked him if he wanted a cup. I expect it to be more to his liking than mine.

It smells weird and sweet. I’m also rather reminded of dates and figs in the aroma. Not a good sign as I can’t abide dates. Peculiarly, though, it doesn’t smell unpleasant or making me wanting to not taste it. It actually only managed to make me curious. Bit like when I saw ‘baconnaise’ in the supermarket the other week. It sounded so odd that I had to try it. (Tastes like salt and smoked paprika, by the way, and not at all of bacon. I could stir some of that up myself I should think. With significantly less salt in it, preferably.

Tastes weird. I asked Husband whether or not he thought it tasted like rum, him having a much larger experience with rum than me. Having actually tasted it in his life without it being mixed in a generous amount of cola. He said he’d tried some American rum which had tasted very sweet and raisin-y and not nice at all.

I can recognise that description in this when I taste it. Kind of sweet and raisin-y/date-y/fig-y. It’s certainly ‘brown fruits-y’.

It’s quite strong in flavour, and I don’t know if it’s the flavouring or the base. It’s definitely some kind of sturdy base they’ve used for this.

I have to say, though, this is definitely not something for me.

OMGsrsly

Good to know about the baconnaise. :) It intrigues me (well, it and the bacon marmalade!) when I see it in the stores.

Angrboda

I’ve never heard of bacon marmalade! O.o It sounds… disgusting, frankly. There’s a limit to my curiosity. The baconnaise (if the one you’ve seen is the same one that I saw. Can’t remember the brand) doesn’t actually even have bacon in it at all. I was a little disappointed by that to be honest.

OMGsrsly

I just wish they would sell little pots of unusual things like that instead of 500ml jars. :)

Comments

OMGsrsly

Angrboda