This one is growing on me. Or maybe not so much growing as me getting more accustomed to the flavour. I take it with a good amount of milk and that helps the heavy scratchy flavour a lot.

I still don’t really think I would like pumpkin pie if introduced to it though and I’ll leave the rating where it is.

gmathis

Don’t write off pumpkin pie until you’ve had a big slab with a glop of marshmallow cream on top. Come see me next Thanksgiving and we’ll take care of that :o)

Bit of a travel just for a piece of cake. :p

gmathis

Hmm…that set me off considering what little pies and pastries I would travel intercontinentally for…

Angrboda

:D Dessert can make us do the weirdest things.

Ricky

I recall the first time I had pumpkin pie I didn’t really like it much. I’ve stayed away from pumpkin since. What bad experiences can do to you =(

Angrboda

Gosh, that would be awful. Braving the terrors of travelling, and intercontinentally to boot, and then arrive and find out I didn’t like the pie. I think I’d cry.

Meg

I find people from cultures that don’t have pumpkin pie often have the misfortune of having a bad one and thinking they all suck after that. (LOL) The crust should be buttery and flaky, the texture should be somewhere between custard and cheesecake with a creamy smoothness, and it should have enough cinnamon in it to be a rust or brownish shade. It should never actually be orange. And of course, topped in real sweet whipped cream.

Ricky

^ Basically. One bad experience just ruins it. I mean if you’ve never had err lemon meringue pie (don’t ask, it was the first dessert that came to my head) and you ordered it at a restaurant. Say for argument sake that it tasted horrible. Would you reorder this pie at a different restaurant, when you might not enjoy it as much as say umm a slice of apple pie?

mermaidcatch

Unpleasant desserts are few and far between as far as I’m concerned. ;)

Meg

Oh, you’d be amazed. I had a holiday dinner at a friend’s place once and didn’t know his new significant other had no idea how to make a decent pumpkin pie. I actually had to force myself to not spit it inot the napkin, it was barely seasoned and not fully cooked. urgh.

Comments

gmathis

Bit of a travel just for a piece of cake. :p

Angrboda

:D Dessert can make us do the weirdest things.

mermaidcatch

Unpleasant desserts are few and far between as far as I’m concerned. ;)

The Formalities