drank Valentines by Adagio Teas

Interestingly, given the amount of points I decided to give this one, I seem to be racing through the sample TeaEqualsBliss gave me. Adagio sample tin sized sample that is. I can usually make those last a good while.

I’ve had this one three times already, four with this one, and I think the reason I’m going through it so quickly is because of how nommy it was that second time when I managed to bring out the strawberries.

Not sure how I did that. Maybe it was a temperature thing? (Temperature! The bane of my existance!) Not owning a thermometer I had to get a little creative. Luckily the http://steep.it site has proven helpful here. No clue what the temperature is, but I can standardise it somehow by boiling a set amount of water and then timing how long I wait before using it after it has been brought to a boil. 1 liter, 2 minutes wait.

So did it work? Were there strawberries?

Hard to say, actually. You see, I just ate some lemon pudding… My tastebuds are all screwed up now. Can’t really tell what it tastes like at this point.

After half a cup, tongue is getting back to normal, and I can tell you that no it did not. Maybe it’s steep time and not temperature that’s important here? What I’ve got here tastes mainly just like a standard black with some undetermined flavouring in it. Super-boring.

On the second half of the pot, it’s gained a bit of a bite of over-steepedness. It’s just a bit though and something that could be strawberry-y if you sort of squint has come out. Only… now there’s no chocolate to be found. At all. Anywhere.

So now it’s both this one and the sweet notes in the lapsang souchong. Why can’t this stuff just be consistent? (‘Because then it would be much less interesting’, yeah, yeah, I know…)

__Morgana__

I love the part about bringing out the strawberries. I am starting to realize that part of the enjoyment of tea is that it is a participatory sport and there’s such a feeling of victory when it works the way it’s supposed to!

Jason

steep.it is really helpful. Hopefully we’ll be able to incorporate something similar on Steepster soon. There are a ton of awesome possibilities with giving recommended times/temps and such.

TeaEqualsBliss

This is one of those teas that seem to taste different each time I try it!

S

This is so interesting…I never have had trouble tasting the strawberries or the chocolate? But to me, it has a very distinct “chocolate-covered-strawberry” taste rather than chocolate tea + strawberry tea…I don’t know if that makes any sense, but yeah. :) Mmm, now I’m craving Valentines….off to make a pot :)