Since Steepster is featuring Andrews & Dunham today, I thought maybe it was time for yet another debut for me. Because their Caravan is the third of the smokies that Auggy shared with me. I can’t actually remember what anybody has said about this one, which makes it a brand new experience for me. I’m expecting something Russian Caravan-ish.

Lovely smoky smell, but there is also a very sweet note here. Like syrup-y sweet. And something vaguely spicy.

As for the taste, OMG!

Oh! Em! Gee! o.O

So smoky! So sweet! SO GOOD!

It’s primarily sweet, as if it had sugar in it, and then the smoke is just rounding it off and preventing it from being too sweet. This is like SO seriously good. I’m all…

Excuse me, Steepsterites. I can’t finish this post. This tea and me, we would like to spend some time alone…

Thank you Auggy!!! (Again)

ETA: If I give it a double-lenght steep, I can get two good steeps out of these leaves. A bit thinner the second time around, but definitely still very nice. Little bit of cane sugar added to enhance the sweetness.

I do seem to have contracted a case of the mini-burps which is quite annoying, but hopefully not tea related…

Auggy

YAY! Okay, I squee’d a bit reading this! Love this one!

Lori

Hmm…I think I need to add this one to my list…

Angrboda

Only have the Scarlet Sable left now. I’m a bit scared of that one on account of the rooibos. pokes tin cautiously

Auggy

Heheh – I understand! But remember, I too am a rooibos hater! It’s not really strong in the tea at all. Just adds a kind of nice woody (not sour, thankfully) base. At least for me, that it. Your taste experience might differ!

Angrboda

I know. I trust your smoky taste without question, but… it’s rooibos… I’ll do it tomorrow. (Maybe.)

Auggy

It’s okay – stuff with rooibos can take me a bit to build up to. It’s some risky stuff!

Comments

Auggy

YAY! Okay, I squee’d a bit reading this! Love this one!

Lori

Hmm…I think I need to add this one to my list…

The Formalities