drank Samovar by Kusmi Tea

Greetings all! Some of you may have noticed that I’ve returned from the Wild Abroad (AKA Paris) where I’ve spent a weekend in nice company with friends and a number of scary moments in airports. I do not like airports no I do not. I meant to look for both Kusmi and Mariage Freres while in France but as it turns out, I got to visit a Kusmi store as one of the first things we did and then forgot all about the Mariage Freres. Oh well, sometimes stuff doesn’t work out like we’ve planned so I’ll have to satisfy my curiosity in that department in the old fashioned way. Internet shopping. :) If you want to read more about my trip, I will put up a trip report later at iarnvidia.livejournal.com (I just have to, you know, write it first)

Anyway, this was one of the two things I did get. We do have a selection of Kusmi fairly easily available in Denmark, but this isn’t one of them and I had been very curious to try it. The information from Kusmi says ‘slightly smoky’. Slightly? No. This is properly smoky. It has a bit of a bite on the tongue at first, a soft feeling of phantom milk and then a remarkable sweetness on the end of the flavour.

I let the cup cool off a little bit too much before drinking it and it has developed a sort of ash tray-y aftertaste which isn’t entirely pleasant. It’s a taste a bit like when you’ve just been in a room where you’re the only non-smoker and then go outside. I haven’t had that experience with any of my other smokies, so that’s a little disappointing for me.

The rating currently reflects my initial impression, but I think I might change it later.

~lauren.

Lovely to hear from you – welcome back!

Thank you ~Lauren.

YES!!!! Welcome back!

LOL, thank you. I missed you too. :p

TeaEqualsBliss

Awww…can you FEEL the TEA LOVE, folks!?
:P

AmazonV

yea for getting a new tea, boo for airports! glad you are back safe and tea-stuffed

Comments

~lauren.

Lovely to hear from you – welcome back!

Thank you ~Lauren.

YES!!!! Welcome back!

LOL, thank you. I missed you too. :p

TeaEqualsBliss

Awww…can you FEEL the TEA LOVE, folks!?
:P