drank Black Currant Bai Mu Dan by 52teas

JacquelineM sent me a sample of this, and I have to say I’m a little bit scared of it. If it’s not awesome, I think I might in fact cry. When asked, I requested a sample because this sounds like it might be in the same fruity category as the Unmentionable Raspberry Oolong of Awesomeness from AC Perch’s, and the base for this one is a favourite too. I’ve been terribly curious about it, but hadn’t got around to buying some myself. So I figured I’d ask for a sample and if I liked it, I could buy some for myself.

Okay. Then, in came 52teas the other day and gave me a free shipping coupon code for my birthday. I’m not actually allowed to buy more tea until I’ve got through some of the stuff I’ve got, but since he was so nice and stuff, it would rude of me to not take advantage of it, right? Right. So I ordered some fruity stuff, this one included.

So now I feel a little bad for asking for a sample and buying it before even getting the sample. And what if I don’t like it? Then I can sit here and wait for an order containing something I already know I don’t like!

ARGH! This is very confusing!

Anyway, there’s only one way to settle all these fears and that’s by making a cup, so that’s what I’ve done. (Also, having just liberated a tin from a mediocre chai concoction, I need something like this to un-sticky-fy my mouth.)

The leaves smell very sweet and fruity. Like ice cream! I feel calmer about the whole thing now. After steeping the aroma is more tea than fruit. I can clearly pick up the base tea here, with the black currant tartiness being a little more controlled. It does indeed remind me a lot of the raspberry oolong.

Oh yes. Oh my Ceiling Cat. Oh YES! This is the stuff. Oh yes oh yes oh yes.

It’s like taking a handful of berries in your mouth and then when you eat them they all have different degrees of ripeness. Some are tartier and some are sweeter and what you get is a sort of mix of this.

That’s what I’m getting on this here. One sip contains the nutty base of the white tea and some sweetness and some tartness and some inbetweenness and everything at the same time. It’s sweet and summerly and I feel almost guilty for having it now when it’s not yet really summer.

It’s totally worth all the initial emo-ing about it. I own this AND the raspberry oolong. I feel pretty darn rich!

Ewa

must…hold…out…just…one week…til…payday

52teas

So glad you are enjoying it. I may have mentioned (in several places), this is my new favorite. I know it doesn’t SOUND as exciting as some of our other blends, but HOLY GROUNDHOGS, it’s GOOD.

Comments

Ewa

must…hold…out…just…one week…til…payday