drank Dawn by The Simple Leaf

Weird. Yesterday I wasn’t really tired as such, I just couldn’t be bothered. Today, I had an hour over time, I’m really really tired, I’ve found a bagel-place where I can get Dr Pepper (!!! (It’s not impossible that I’ve seen that before and forgotten it, actually)) and I haven’t opened it yet. It’s just standing there looking inviting and yummy.

And what I really want is tea. More specifically, the Dawn from JacquelineM. I don’t know, maybe I had to sort of… prepare myself mentally for it. Whatever it was, I knew for absolute certain that I was going to try it now.

I’ve been really looking forward to this one because all the posts I’ve read about it have reminded me of the beloved Tan Yang from TeaSpring. You know… the one they don’t have anymore! And that was one awesome tea. Seriously.

The leaves look really big and long and to my surprise they smell of chocolate. Not cocoa as I had expected, but real chocolate, all sweet and milky, as if the bag I got the sample in used to contain sweets. After steeping it has this funny sort of smell that I know what is, I just don’t know what it is. But I know I know the smell. It’s sort of like a dark oolong, with some chocolate notes and some fruity notes and something kinda malty. It’s… It’s…. I don’t know what exactly it is, but it is it.

Interesting flavour! It definitely reminds me of the Tan Yang with the initial fruityness and then some cocoa-y chocolate and a touch of… is that smoke??? IT IS!!! Just a touch, but it’s there. Just like in the Tan Yang. Seriously, if I didn’t know better, I would swear it was the same tea. This is really really REALLY good. I’ll savour the sample, and I’m looking forward to seeing if it’ll turn properly smoky on second steep.

I need to check this company out, their shipping policies in particular. If this is available to me, I must have it. (But later.)

Erin

I love this one too!

wombatgirl

I’m getting some very soon – I can’t wait to try it.

__Morgana__

So you’re a Dr. Pepper fan? My boyfriend is a HUGE Dr. Pepper fan. Almost his entire T-shirt wardrobe is Dr. Pepper T-shirts and he used to drink it by the case. Not a Dr. Pepper fan here, though I expect to be a big Dawn fan when I finally crack it open.

Angrboda

Morgana, I am! Unfortunately it’s difficult to get in Denmark. They tried selling it in most stores for a couple of years, but they’ve stopped doing that. I’m guessing it probably didn’t sell well enough. Now I can only get it when I’m lucky enough to find small cafes and such that have it. It’s currently standing in my fridge. I’m saving it for later. I think it’ll go nicely with dinner tonight. :)

Comments

Erin

I love this one too!

wombatgirl

I’m getting some very soon – I can’t wait to try it.

__Morgana__