drank Bogart by Leland Tea Co

I’m letting myself be inspired by the Steepsterites and trying this one tonight, also a Doulton tea

this smells absolutely lovely. It reminds me of these biscuits that my mother bakes for chirstmas, but it doesjn’t actually smell jparticularly christmassy, which is kind of weird when you think about it considering the biscuit-y smell. Supposedly if you blend it with laspang souchong the description says that it will supposedly become ‘a coffee lovers dream of tea’.

Errrr….. Right. Except coffee isn’t smoky and lapsang souchong flavour =/= coffee flavour. STOP MIXING UP COFFEE AND TEA, THEY ARE TWO VERY SEPARATE THINGS, ARGH! I’m getting a bit weary of many tea-drinkers’ snobbery that coffee-drinkers are somehow inferior because they “only” drink coffee. ‘Drink what you like and like what you drink’ they say and then they do their utmost to make the coffee-drinker see the light. Attend a coffee tasting. Coffee is just as diverse and interesting and with just as many details for the nerd as tea.

But that was a bit of a tangent. Where was I? Oh yes, aroma. After steeping it’s even more cake-y and a bit chocolate-y. Or maybe more Nutella-y than chocolate-y. Or, no, not Nutella. LU Bastogne. That’s it. Do you get those out there in the Big Abroad? A sort of syrup-y cinnamon biscuit.

What a surprise to taste! Again, Bastogne, definitely. Also reminds me of that chocolate pu-erh from Numi, it’s a very very similar flavour.

I like this one better though, and I’m in a funny sort of situation where having one tea is forcing me to go and dock points from another tea. It feekls strange.

Also in spite of the rant up there, I also want to try and mix it with some lapsang souchong.

__Morgana__

Love LU; my favorites are the Petit Ecoliers.

Stephanie

I think Bogart is already blended with some lapsang souchong. The description is kind of confusing—it does sound like they want you to add lapsang to it—but they really mean that it’s already part of the blend.

Angrboda

Stephanie, I thought so at firsttoo, but then I decided that it was a suggestion on their part. It doesn’t smell or taste (to me) as if there is lapsang in it already. I can’t find any smoke at all.

Stephanie

Hmm..you may be right, Angrboda. But sometimes the flavor seems smoky to me. When I get a chance to stop by that shop again, I’ll ask them. I need to replenish my supply anyway! :)

Angrboda

That would be cool Stephanie. Let me know what they say because I’m totally in doubt about it now.

TeaEqualsBliss

I was a fan of this one as well!

Comments

__Morgana__

Love LU; my favorites are the Petit Ecoliers.

TeaEqualsBliss

I was a fan of this one as well!

The Formalities