drank Lapsang Souchong by Harney & Sons

The tropical white stuff is great and all but I’m freezing and it’s time for something a little more hardy. This one was another sample gift from Doulton.

I tried smelling the leaves in the little envelope, but I’m not entirely certain half of what I picked up wasn’t really just the envelope. I did find an awful lot of smoke down there though. A dry aroma, and a bit rough. Quite nice. I’m looking forward to a strong smoke flavour here.

After steeping it’s very smoky! Like really prickling the nose smoky, but there’s a sweet, almost honeyed note underneath, laying the bottom for the aroma.

Tastewise, this is very smoky! But it’s not rough as such, not the way the aroma was. It’s way smoother than you might have thought and I’m a little bit disappointed by that because I was rather looking forward to something RAWR! and it’s only a mini-rawr.

But it is a nice lapsang.

gmathis

When does your weather generally get warm and comfortable? Or does it?

Angrboda

April/early may is always a bit unpredictable. It’ll start helping in june. Juli-august sometimes first half of september are the hottest months where we can get around 30C-ish temperatures. (Personally I prefer a temperature where I can just walk around or sit on my balcony without a jacket and not freeze and no more than that. I don’t care much for extreme warmth and I’m very pale so I can’t tan)

Comments

gmathis

When does your weather generally get warm and comfortable? Or does it?

Angrboda