This is the last that is left of my A&D, and it’s a little fun that this is the first time I break into this tin. I just haven’t felt like green teas much in general and when I did, I didn’t feel like a jasmine one.

But okay, this morning I was all in doubt about what to have and of course I’d already put the kettle on and the water was just getting colder and colder and made the decision for me.

It smells a little soap-y but not anywhere near close to the horrible bouquet thing from Kusmi, so I’m just coming to the conclusion that jasmine quite simply just smells like soap, the end. Okay, I can deal with that. And after brewing it’s less soap-y and more flower-y so that’s even better.

Now, I had a bit of a fail when I poured it. I just poured it like I normally would and these days I’ve taken to using a little sieve on top of the cup when pouring. So when I took the sieve away I noticed darkish clouds swirling around in the cup. What the…???

Either there’s something dark and swirly in the tealeaves or the sieve is in need of a clean. I’m thinking it’s probably the latter, so I’ve set some wheels in motion in that department. So yeah, the flavour is likely a little tainted by… something.

But then again this means that everything I’ve had for a good while now has been tainted by the same something, so I’m not really all that concerned.

The tea itself, taint and all, seems extremely well balanced. There’s a lot of jasmine in it, but not really all that overwhelming. Hands down the best jasmine green I’ve ever had.

(But green is not my favourite type and jasmine is not my favourite green, so…)

Ricky

I think there’s something dark and swirly! Kidding. Tainted and the tea was still good, that’s some quality jasmine!

Angrboda

I couldn’t really taste anything that said ‘taint’, though, so I don’t really think it matters much. But I’ve still cleaned the sieve as best I could.

Comments

Ricky

Angrboda