I’m so behind on my dashboard it’s not even funny. pokes it But I am still here, lurking a bit, and trying to concentrate on paying attention to what I eat so that maybe, just maybe I might be able to fit into that summer dress I bought last year, never got to wear and now a bit tight round the middle.

At least there are no calories in tea. Cheers Steepsterites.

I’m on an orange pu-erh kick these days. It started a few days ago, where I made a cup because I remembered having heard about various slimming qualities and fat reducing qualities and what have you that it supposedly has.

Let’s be honest. I don’t really believe all that stuff. Yes, maybe it does have some small positive effect, but there is no such thing as ‘Miracle Food’. It doesn’t exist. The secret lies in a varied and balanced diet, exercise and overcoming the siren call of fatty treats, hence the calories… So called Miracle Food alone will NEVER do the trick. Ever.

I know tea in general contains a lot of great things, but let’s be honest, if you eat right, you’ll get them anyway.

It was merely a reminder that I had it in the first place, and now I’m drinking it because it tastes absolutely lovely. And that’s the only reason. It’s a relaxing well-tasting thing to drink and I really wish people would stop trying to turn it into a chemistry lesson.

Okay, rant over. You can go back to your cups now.

Ewa

But but but…what about GOJI BERRIES!

Angrboda

Last year people around here were all “Blueberries this, blueberries that!” and it was like the best thing EVER since fire and it could cure cancer, plague and the common cold.

Until somebody went, “oh wait… this is the wrong variety of blueberries…” headdesk

Rijje

LOL I was actually considering on commenting this note with the blueberrie thing. Was it only 3 % of the GREAT and AWESOME vitamins and minerals and antioxidants people where able to consume?

Tea is the new trend I heard :P

wombatgirl

I got this SpecialTeas orange puerh which almost made my husband gag – be careful of your blend on this. ;)

Angrboda

Rijje, I think it was something like that. It was hilarious. But I’m glad it happened, because then the rest of us could eat blueberries because they taste nice without looking like we were jumping on the latest fad.

Wombatgirl, I take it he’s not a pu-erh man. :) I’ve introduced Lexitus to plain pu-erh once or twice and he liked it, but it doesn’t seem like it really caught his interest as much as dark type oolongs did (AKA Artistic Leaves).

__Morgana__

My theory is that tea has, as you said, no calories, and also high water volume and high oral fixation alleviation potential, so you feel fuller and don’t feel the need to put other things in your mouth while drinking lots of tea. And the caffeine helps a little, too.

Auggy

And sometimes it taste like cookies!

Angrboda

Morgana, I think you’re on to something there. It’s a bit like how, if I’m really really craving something or if I’m in one of those phases where I comfort eat and find myself constantly in front of the fridge, taking some chewing gum will help calm me down a little.

Auggy, yes! And sweets! A certain caramel black comes to mind… I’m depending on it not shooting the 0 kcal out of the water with the flavouring. ;) If I am, please DON’T tell me.

wombatgirl

no, he’s really not a puerh man – but even I thought the blend was a little …funky…

Angrboda

Funny. I think the two flavours really suit each other. It just shows how different we all are in what we like best.

Comments

Ewa

But but but…what about GOJI BERRIES!

Rijje

Tea is the new trend I heard :P

__Morgana__

Auggy

And sometimes it taste like cookies!

The Formalities