drank Troika by Kusmi Tea

Decupboarded.

This is one of those things that I like more and more every time I try it. I haven’t fiddled with the rating yet, because although I like it more, I’m not sure I want to give it all that many more points. I think I put it a little high to begin with, so I’m only adjusting it up a few points this time.

That said, I have made it a wee bit too strong this time, but that was merely in effort to not have half a teaspoon of leaves left. It’s turned out heavy on the bergamot, to the point where it comes close to overpowering the other fruits with it’s dark dustyness.

If I make sure to drink it slooooooowly and in smaaaaaaaaall sips, I can still find the other two, though. Not so much the mandarin, that’s only if I’m lucky, but the orange is peeping through as a fruity fresh sweetness.

If I just drink it at normal rate and sip-size, though, it might as well have been any old Earl Grey. That’s a bit of a shame. It really didn’t carry the slightly larger leaf amount all that well at all. Last time I had it, the mandarin came out in spades, and I find that knowing it can do that, I miss it now.

I’m not sure if it’s one I want to invest in again now that the sample is gone. But I am considering it.

The Formalities