I was in the mood for green, I decided, because green is good for your eyes. I found this one in the back of the cupboard and it seemed fitting for the mood this evening.

Very nice. Very sencha-y. Me likes.

The real reason, however, for this post is to inform you that the trip report from my holiday is up. Beware it’s image heavy. http://iarnvidia.livejournal.com/2960.html

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Hey Angrboda! I noticed in your holiday blog that you mentioned that you prefer to read books originally written in English in English and used amazon.uk as a source for them. I just wanted to mention this awesome online bookseller from the UK that I use. It’s called The Book Depository. There is both a UK and a US website for them although the books come from the same place in the UK for both sites (one is .uk and the other .com). But there can be a price difference on the same book so it pays to check both sites. It’s free shipping all the time for all orders and uses Royal Mail.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Oh and what were the two non-Discworld books you brought?

Angrboda

Thanks for the rec, I’ll give it a look. :) Usually I buy from the marketplace on amazon, so I can get stuff really cheap. I don’t really mind them being used. :) I can save a third of the price like that sometimes compared to buying it in a danish bookshop.

The other two were, Stephen Erikson’s Deadhouse Gates, the second book in the Very Frustrating Malazan series. The first book in that series was horribly confusing so I was hoping that the second one might help make things make sense, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I’m considering giving up, but I haven’t decided yet. The first one was so frustrating at time it has bitemarks. No, really.
The other one was Kevin J. Anderson’s, Terra Incognita, the first book in the series. I thought it looked intereting and I had considered it before, so I decided to give it a try. I just read the first chapter yesterday, and I have to say it looks really really promising. (And WAY easier to read than SE!)

Angrboda

Sorry, the series is called Terra Incognita, the actual title of the book is The Edge of the World

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Oh yeah, I’m not sure if The Book Depository does used books. I don’t think so though. I was just thinking about the free shipping. I usually buy used books for the most part too. I like this website Better World Books, which is very eco-friendly (they pay the shipping for you to send them your used books and if they can’t sell them or donate them, they recycle them, and you can carbon offset your shipping). They do do used books and also have free shipping, but I don’t know if they ship or ship free outside the US, which doesn’t help you much.

I hadn’t heard of either of those books, but I looked them up. I don’t read much fantasy, I used to read some at one point. Actually, I shouldn’t say that. I’m currently reread The Hobbit, which is prolly technically fantasy.

Comments

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Oh and what were the two non-Discworld books you brought?

The Formalities