drank Tan Yang Te Ji by TeaSpring

Good morning, Steepsterites.

This is actually the third steep of last night’s leaves. It’s very very rarely that I have the patience to have the same tea that many times in a row if it’s not because it’s just going into my travel cup for the morning train journey where I don’t really pay attention to what I’m drinking anyway.

That’s how much I love this.

Third steep. Flavour still as strong as the first. And it’s turned so smoky it’s sending up smoke signals.

Really, I dare you to show me a black that’s better than this one.

Fu Jian province, China? My favourite tea producing area, hands down. I’ve also bought a small portion of the higher leaf grade of this one (and it cost a bloody fortune!), and one day when I have lots of time I’ll give it a good tasting and see how it holds up to this one. Even in the unlikely event that it’s even better than this, it’s too expenisve to be a one I’d buy in portions as big as this one.

Those who are still searching for something to replace the now unavailable Dawn from Simple Leaf, may I humbly suggest giving Tan Yang a go? I thought it was similar, only this is better. If you don’t care much for the smoky aspect, use a little less leaf (and don’t steep twice).

teabird

Ah, thank you! I’ve been looking for more Fujian black teas, after liking one of Adagio’s, but it’s somewhat difficult since they don’t seem to be labeled by province usually.

Angrboda

TeaSpring is a good place to start. They’re specialised in chinese and all their teas have a lot of info, including where it comes from and when it was harvested. I bought another Fujian black from them that I haven’t tried before. I chose it only based on how much I like other Fujian teas, but I haven’t tried it yet. :)

Comments

teabird

Angrboda