Wombatgirl sent this one to me, and it is actually the orange pu-erh that started our swap. Or, well, it was my NBT one, I think, that did. I had a great experience with that one and she told me about how she hadn’t had a very good experience with this one. So she sent me hers and I sent her mine.

The leaves smelled a bit… fishy. I’d like to choose a more poetic word and say ‘ocean-y’ here but I can’t really stretch to that. It’s fishy. The end. Of course it’s also pu-erh-y and orange-y, but compared to the memory of the NBT (I ran out), it smells a little more old. Not as lively. Not as fresh. Which is a weird thing to say about a pu-erh, honestly, but it’s true.

After steeping the orange aroma comes out more, but I’m only picking up some earthy hints of the pu-erh. Mostly it’s dried oranges. It makes it seem a little more lively, but it still strikes me a bit… thin.

No, this does not compare to NBT at all. If I slurp the sips I get pu-erh and oranges and everything, but it just tastes very dusty. Again, it lacks livelyness. It’s just a standard tea. It doesn’t have character.

It’s nice enough, and I certainly like it better than Wombatgirl did, but it’s not even close to being as good as the NBT orange pu-erh.

wombatgirl

PHEW!
I’m glad you don’t hate it.

Angrboda

No, I liked it. But I DO like the NBT one better. :)

Comments

wombatgirl

PHEW!
I’m glad you don’t hate it.

Angrboda

No, I liked it. But I DO like the NBT one better. :)

The Formalities