I have to admit that I’m quite wary of this on. It’s so WAY out of my comfort zone you wouldn’t believe it! Maybe Wombatgirl is secretly trying to do me in…

We’re definitely in Tisaneland here. And even that seems a bit far fetched because there aren’t actually any leaves in here. Or flowers for that matter. Well, that’s not true, there are some few leafy things that look sort of like bits of grass. The rest is dried fruit. Dried fruit. I feel like I’m steeping up a health snack bar or something here.

The aroma of it has something in it that is extremely sharp. I don’t know what it is but it’s really really sharp, stabbing at the nostrils and very unpleasant to be honest.

As it’s poured it also takes on a certain specific red colour that all the members of the Anti Hibiscus League out there would be able to spot from a mile away. I’m hoping very much that it’s caused by beetroot here, though. Also, difficult to pour as the fruit bits kept wedging themselves into the spout.

After steeping that stabby sharp note is thankfully gone. It smells sweet and fruity. Like… warm juice. I’m not sure I really want warm juice… whimper

Oh.

Oh dear.

This is tart. But it’s not hibiscus-y tart, but still kind of tart. All I can really taste other than the tart note is apples, and really, apple juice? I prefer that cold thank you very much. I don’t think this blend was invented with me in mind.

I’m very sorry Wombatgirl but this just won’t go down on it’s own. I shall try the remainder of the sample that you sent me as additive to plain black, but as it is, I can’t drink this. My face keeps screwing up. Are you sure you’re not trying to poison me?

gmathis

Just for the record, my liking this particular review in no way implies that I am smiling at the thought of poison by tea :) (Thanks for the chuckle.)

Jillian

It’s excellent iced IMO if you want to try it that way.

Angrboda

Jillian, I thought about the same thing when I was rinsing out the pot. I’ve got a fair sized sample, so I’ll give it a go at some point.

Comments

gmathis

Jillian

It’s excellent iced IMO if you want to try it that way.

Angrboda